Purolator P1 PL14459, 12,600 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car51 - thanks for the informative cut & post.

It appears M&H- Purolator is doing something right.

Since my trust factor is a tad low, I will save the champagne for later.
grin.gif

Thanks for the C&P.

The observation I have isn't about the filter; it's about the BITOG bias ...

If this were a Fram, people would complain about the wavy pleats. But it's a Purolator, so they fear the potential torn media.

Bias is a fickle master.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
This newer Puro One looks a bit different. The holes are farther out from center than the ones that were getting adbv cuts. But it doesn't have the inward adbv neck that sits in the end cap hole like other Puro's with round holes. The adbv has those ribs, don't remember that, and the baseplate is concave. For the miles used nothing to complain about for the owner. Must be the Hyundai version is a bit different than some others.

This ADBV looks more concave on the base plate side, and the 4 ribs helps keep all but the outer circumference lip from contacting the base plate. Maybe Purolator changed the ADBV design to fix the hole cutting issue.

The adbv thick middle part doesn't appear to spill into the inlet holes on this one. I don't know how their sales are, but I seem to be the only one here who bought the expensive Boss to try. Lots here buy Fram Ultras. After returning four Boss, I got two that look OK on the louvers and anything else I could see.

Originally Posted By: Peter_480
It's a Purolator so someone has to ask - any tears in the media?
wink.gif

hahaha, right on.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Originally Posted By: Peter_480
It's a Purolator so someone has to ask - any tears in the media?
wink.gif

hahaha, right on.

Yep, I'll believe Ram02's statement when I see Purolators that won't tear
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Yep, I'll believe Ram02's statement when I see Purolators that won't tear
wink.gif

Have you ever seen a torn Purolator 14459 or 24458?

Yes, saw a torn 14459 that was off my cousins 11' Sonata before I had a smartphone and pre BITOG. Had 4,xxx miles on filter

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Purolator is back to making quality filters again

Wins the funniest statement of 2017 award.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Ram02
Purolator is back to making quality filters again

Wins the funniest statement of 2017 award.
lol.gif

+10,000

Originally Posted By: car51
Yes, saw a torn 14459 that was off my cousins 11' Sonata before I had a smartphone and pre BITOG. Had 4,xxx miles on filter
Thanks for that info! None of mine ever did, but I probably was easier on them than a lot of people would be. That was because I avoided high engine speeds soon after cold starts, didn't often need to start in very cold weather, and used them on a car that probably had relatively modest oil pump output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back