Is Walmart getting rid of Fram TG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm headed to my other Wal Mart near the lady friends place. I hear there are a ton of Tough Guards left and already they are marked down to $2.00

Walmart here had a few oddball TG's marked down to 25 cents. Sucks that they don't fit any of our cars.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Walmart here had a few oddball TG's marked down to 25 cents. Sucks that they don't fit any of our cars.

Well, I nabbed last 3 TG 10575 filters marked $2.00 and 3 TG 10060 for girlfriends Sebring $2.00

This sucks. My two closest Walmarts has one that is clearing them out but no sizes I can use and the other is selling them full price with what I need and just not replacing on attrition.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Well, I nabbed last 3 TG 10575 filters marked $2.00 and 3 TG 10060 for girlfriends Sebring $2.00

The TG10575 were still regular price at the local one here. I was going to grab one just to have since it fits my truck.

Down to $3.00 in Highlands Ranch. Stock getting lower.

Some models are in a new box though, says “New” and says “99.0% dirt removal, with high mileage protection”. I saw no mileage claim.

Also some Orange cans in new packaging.

Didn’t open the new TG, EG, but the New XG has painted markings.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Good riddance. At my Wal-Mart, the TGs cost more than the Ultras.
For my size, here they're 82% as high as Ultras. Remaining spin-on ToughGuards are reduced to $3, but cartridges aren't reduced at all.

Walked into Walmart today expecting to purchase a fram XG7317 for my Odyssey and walked out with four Fram TG7317s instead at $1.50 a piece. Pretty friggin' stoked. I cleared out their remaining inventory of TG7317. Also picked up some Pp 0W-20 for the van and MaxLife 5W-30 for my Camry, which will pair with a TG4967 that I bought when they were $3.00.

Originally Posted By: FlyingVan
The price increased. The former prise was $5.93 or something like that.

Yeah, I noticed that the new TG9688 filter is $8.97 at my local WM, when it used to cost between $6 and $7. TG at $8.97 is too high, especially considering the Ultra filter XG9688 is not that much more at $9.63.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: FlyingVan
The price increased. The former prise was $5.93 or something like that.

Yeah, I noticed that the new TG9688 filter is $8.97 at my local WM, when it used to cost between $6 and $7. TG at $8.97 is too high, especially considering the Ultra filter XG9688 is not that much more at $9.63.

Yeah, the 9688s are more expensive than the other filters in the Fram's lineup, I wonder why. The other ones, like TG 3593a, 3600, 3614, etc, were $5.93 or so before, now they are $6.63. I've got plenty clearance filters in the stash between the Bosh Distance Plus and Fram TG that I won't need to buy any in a few years.

Fram redesigned the 9688's for KIA/Hyundai's I think they formerly had a part that crossed but it wasn't working as well as expected or the first 9688 wasn't cutting it. Maybe the cost is in there somewhere. I honestly don't remember the particulars but I do remember Motorking posting they had made changes to the 9688 because of Hyundai/KIA.

Whatever they did they work great this OEM only stuff is bunk the TG9688 is all my daughter's Soul has seen since new 45k miles now.

Kia/Hyundai engines really had problems with Fram filters at one time. My mother-in-law has an '04 Optima. She took it to Walmart and they put a Fram 9688 on it. The oil light kept coming on. After that, I told her to ask for the ST9688. I change it now, and still use the Supertech filter.

Last edited:
After running the PureOne for several years and then the OEM filter, I'm now running the excellent Fram Ultra XG9688. Been very pleased thus far. This one is a cut above the TG9688 and why I now run it over anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back