Virgin Mobil 1 M1-210A Annual Filter C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
What parts store is that? I would make sure I stay away from that place. That is deceptive and possibly illegal.
I know if I bought a M1 Extended Performance and found a regular M1 filter I would be back to the store to get what I paid for.
Although most that buy them would not notice a difference.

Here are two "media over wire" filters - unused Fram Ultra on the left - 10k (ATF use) Wix XP on the right.
Seems the wide pleats virus is spreading
wink.gif

Last edited:
The Fram Ultra has wide pleats due to the "depth" of the synthetic media. It is not just the surface that filters, but also deeper into the media as well.
With the Wix, the pleats are wide, but pretty evenly spaced throughout the filter (at least from what the pic shows.

The M1 has one section of the media that was almost flat it was so wide.

Only the other side was spaced tight - this has something to do with the machine clamping the radial applied media into a circle ... I put it next to the Wix XP since they are more similar - M1 puts really thick media in the can - it's a chore to even cut through - show me one with a tear.
These are my common filters - I cut all of them and only post a few ...
I have an M1 with 10k sitting around too ... (not cut yet, but the grass is
wink.gif

Ok - cut the Mobil 1 M212 - 10k run on the 3.5L ecoboost ...
One picture is the seam and the other is 180 from that ...

I would not run that more than 5k miles. Media looks no different than your average economy filter. Definitely not a stout synthetic media which I would require for a run that long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back