2013 SLK250 Turbo, Mobil 1 10W/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
people need to be members of that forum to see that uoa.

you can type in the results here or upload to this forum.

Last edited:
I have Blackstone Analysis in PDf format, Can't figure out how to post. Tried to upload to Photobucket and won't take PDF files wants pictures. I give up.

Please delete my post.
Thanks

last.jpg
[/img]

Silicon isn't an issue, besides some silicon may present in virgin oil sample.
Reasonably good metal wear rates, and used oil is still serviceable though viscosity drops quite a bit.

Originally Posted By: Stevie
I'm a little concerned about silicon. I replace air filter at last oil change.

The slightly elevated silicon could just be the result of you replacing the air filter. Some dirt could have gotten pushed in while you were swapping it. Plus, a new filter doesn't actually filter as well as one that's already been loaded with dirt.

Thanks for the help posting and your input.
I used Fram extra guard air filter. I vacuumed out air box completely first. Used Mercedes OEM oil filter.

It is interesting comparing this to my older 1999 SLK230 supercharged 2.3L that this car has replaced.
Old SLK230 Iron 6, copper 10, and silicon 7, Newer SLK250 Iron 16, copper 4, and silicon 11. Both using M1 0W/40
And then my 1999 Sentra 1.6 Liter Iron 24, copper 10, and silicon 16 and the Sentra never burned a drop of oil.

What components use copper?

I may go to OEM filter to see if I can get silicon down.

What are the thoughts on Fram Extra guard air filters? They claim 2X the filtering.

Originally Posted By: Stevie
Thanks for the help posting and your input.What are the thoughts on Fram Extra guard air filters? They claim 2X the filtering.
2X the filtering of what? Marketing works wonders. The hot tip is the official what ever of NASCAR. NANO works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back