Would grease with moly benefit commercial mower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically grease with moly is used when metal is sliding verse say wheel bearings, so I've read. So I'm wondering if moly grease would benefit a commercial mower that has a greaseable belt tensioner? Or the hydro controls?

I always used Mobil 1 red grease when I landscaped. Seemed to work really well. The key is regular greasing regardless of what you use. Commercial equipment tends to take a beating. Good to keep up proper lubrication.

Originally Posted By: Jetstreamz06
Typically grease with moly is used when metal is sliding verse say wheel bearings, so I've read. So I'm wondering if moly grease would benefit a commercial mower that has a greaseable belt tensioner? Or the hydro controls?

Moly greases are good for high pressure, heavy load applications.

I grease all of my mowers with Valvoline synpower, which is a moly-lithium complex grease. The nice thing about Valvoline synpower is that it is rated for disc brake wheel bearings and general chassis lubrication even though it has 2.5% moly added to it. It is a good choice of grease if you want to try a moly-lithium grease. The only downside to Valvoline synpower is that it is not a super wash out resistant and not real cheap. Other than that, it is great. I have been using it for years with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back