Toyota TGMO 0W20 - VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently running this in my Scion FR-S and I'll be posting a UOA at the end of the year when I put the car away for winter.

Date code on bottle is: 10216F15A RN5953 178979
Not sure what that means, but I guess it was bottled in 2016? There's a "16" in there somewhere... I bought the oil this January. I also made sure to give the bottle a good shake before pouring the sample.

jYviOnQ.jpg

The Toyota TGMO 0W-20 synthetic has an excellent reputation, and your analysis bears that out. A great idea to spend the money on the virgin sample before your next change. Definitely an extra expense but it's only once, after all.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
The Toyota TGMO 0W-20 synthetic has an excellent reputation, and your analysis bears that out. A great idea to spend the money on the virgin sample before your next change. Definitely an extra expense but it's only once, after all.

Not to mention it's cheap! Barely over $6 per litre here in Canada. Interested to see how it will hold up, but judging by other UOAs I've seen I'm sure it will do just fine.

Originally Posted By: martinq
Did you order this sample online or is there a dealer in Canada?

Got it from my local Toyota dealer. 5L jug was $29.67 and 1L bottle $6.05 plus HST.

Originally Posted By: martinq
Overall cost for the analysis?

$38US for analysis (normally $28, but I wanted TBN which was $10 extra), shipping cost was approximately $17 with Canada Post.

I wonder about the moly ppm? The 2 UOA's I've done with this oil have shown between 699-732 ppm. Is the extra moly i'm seeing from assembly lube washing out from a young engine?

This is an older VOA. Was re-formulated for SN+, and now shows lower Ca, higher Mg, and much higher moly.

There are several VOA and UOA's of the new formula, including one done by PQIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back