2002 Mustang V6 3.8l Rough Throttle From Idle/Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would have swapped it with another and rechecking codes again, you could have saved your money.

yes the real test for an end user is to move the coil and see if the misfire code follows it.
your outlier may be a replacement with slightly different design or could have shorted turns.

If this uses the same part as my Dad's old 4.2L F150 uses, then the one coil pack has all 6 cylinders on it, so you cant swap it around unless you happen to know someone with the same engine....

Agree, I would look at the plug wires.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Which coil pack did you replace? This car needs a proper scan tool used on it, it could be almost anything incl a sensor or ignition module. Like I said I honestly don't know how much 0.2 of an Ohm difference would make.

There is more than one coil pack? I replaced the one with the six towers on it that's attached to the throttle body.

Also so are you guys suggesting I replace the spark plug wires and see if that fixed it?

Sorry I thought there were 3 coils with 2 wires going to each. Suggesting you check the wire to the misfiring cylinder not replace anything unless it test bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back