Where has all the Pennzoil Ultra Plat Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2013 Focus ST with turbo DI engine, and prefer Penzoil Ultra Plat for the additional cleaning performance. However, I can't seem to find the Ultra Plat in stock anywhere!

Why is it gone, and does anyone know of a place to pick it up online in the USA? (Preferably cheaply)

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am now able to find it here. What about walmart online and pickup from store? Think I heard they have it..or try amazon..

Seriously though, I am a big Pennzoil fan since they changed to all yellow bottles(I like yellow...whatever) and I cant seem to find the PUP anywhere locally and amazon prices seem steep but maybe 40-50$ per 5 quarts is a good price, IDK?

I got much of mine through a Napa Wholesale that happens occasionally and it was rebate time too. Got it for 5.99 qt and 2.00 MIR cheque per. Bought 24 qts and had a buddy snag another 24. Check with Napa or keep me posted and when I get my telling of whens its coming around I will tell you.Does take 7 to 10 days to arrive via Napa truck to avoid direct ship costs.

I thought they straightened it out a few weeks ago, at least at WMT. It appears they didn't. It showed up on the WMT site for under $28 for a 5 quart jug, I grabbed one of the six they had in stock along with some other goodies to get free shipping. I mentioned it here and about 10 minutes later it was out of stock again, and has been since then. I have a feeling they aren't in full swing production of the product yet since the problems they had at the GTL plant were just recently resolved.

It's a little harder to find but worth the effort in my view.

I can get 0W-40 PUP for the Scat Pack on Amazon or at the dealer for $6.80/quart.

I get 5W-20 PUP for the Ram on Amazon.

Last edited:
Do any BITOGers feel that PUP 5w30 is on the thin side (viscosity wise) for a turbo engine which specs 5w30?
I believe it's around 10 cst. @100*C while Mobil 1 is about 11 cst. ?

I'm not sure if that is why - but it tested louder than M1 EP in two of my engines ... it is just too unreliable to get and all over the place on price - so I'll just get PP or PG next time ...

Last edited:
I've seen Pennzoil Ultra one time on the shelf at Walmart IRL. One jug of 5W-30 in the clearance section about six months ago.

An employee told me that a customer had returned it without receipt, and they speculated that it was bought somewhere else and returned to Walmart, taking advantage of their lax return policies.

Didn't buy it as it was priced too high at $28 (plus I've still got gallons left of Autozone PU and PUPP SRT 0W-40). It was gone a week later.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Do any BITOGers feel that PUP 5w30 is on the thin side (viscosity wise) for a turbo engine which specs 5w30?
I believe it's around 10 cst. @100*C while Mobil 1 is about 11 cst. ?

no if it's in spec it's in spec.

the issue is that 5000 miles down the road if the oil breaks down and falls out of spec. that's where it being synthetic and having all those characteristics to stay in spec come into play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back