Alternatives to a forklift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for something that can lift 500-1000 pounds and lift 2-3ft. Ideally something that lift high enough into a pickup truck, but have wheels also. Like maybe an engine hoist, but I think the legs would interfere with getting close enough.

Why won't the engine hoist legs roll between the rear wheels of the truck ?

I would think you could roll the engine hoist on up to the tailgate.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Drive by the local Home Depot and bring back 25 illegals.

Too cold here. plenty in lawncare but they dont stand around at home depot.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Why won't the engine hoist legs roll between the rear wheels of the truck ?

I would think you could roll the engine hoist on up to the tailgate.

Yeah, thinking about it I don't know why it wouldnt fit. I mean, usually the legs have to go pretty far under the vehicle to remove the ngine in the first place. Going under a pickup to place or pick up something in the bed should be no big deal.

BTBB07583_2_1000.jpg

I have used an engine hoist plenty of times to load engines into a pickup. The legs roll right under with no problem. You can rent one cheap if you don't have one.

Sorry guys I should have added more details. I'm thinking about selling my Honda generator and getting a bobcat welder/generator used off craigslist. The thing weighs like 500 pounds and I'd like to be able to load it onto my landscape trailer since rolling it up the ramp probably isn't possible. I think the ramp would have to be lifted on top of the legs of the engine hoist. Although I forgot about my winch idea. Just weld an electric winch to the front of the trailer and winch it up. Would work good for getting a mower onto the trailer if it ever breaks down also.

My main question here is just for general lifting of things so you can move them around, what would be the best thing? I periodically get myself in situations where I need an extra hand to get something off the ground and lift it up 4ft or so to set it down on a workbench or something. I suppose an engine hoist is the best bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back