New M1 filters at Walmart $10 and good for 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid that all latest AMSOIL/Mobil-1/Royal Purple oil filters will make by FRAM, not by CHAMPLABS.
I'll place some pictures later.

Hurry up to buy old (<=2016) filters (made by Champlabs).

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I left a FU on for 2XOCI's (+-14K) and had a real hard time getting it off. Seems like even with oil on the seal and very light tightening the heat hardens them on like steel.

hmmm, cant say the same, I did a 15K run with one on my lexus and had no problem just a few months ago.

Gasket didn't even stick.

UD

Please, place here detailed pictures of new filter's boxes, for example M1-110A.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Izb
Thank you! And filtration efficiency, please.

Probably "proprietary" is it's not listed on the box.
eek.gif

Yeah Izb that percentage at 20 microns makes sense to me too. Not too shabby. It's not the greatest like the Fram Ultra is. But at 95 percent at 20 micons I would be happy enough with that.

Last edited:
I am afraid that many latest Mobil-1/Royal Purple/Amsoil oil filters will make by FRAM, not by CHAMPLABS.
I'll place some pictures later.

Hurry up to buy (old stocks) filters Mobil-1(

full-68725-4786-img_20170223_060432081.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Motorking
Let me just pile on here. FRAM Ultra will have new packaging out mid march with 20,000 mile change interval and there will not be a disclaimer about 20k or once a year. There have been minor improvements to be able to reach this goal. The M1 filter is still only a cellulose/synthetic blend but I must admit, it has alot of steel in it. Built like a racing filter.

So how many years can we run a 20k Ultra?

For the matter, what about the 15k version?

Also, I thought you said the new Ultra would be 24k. What changed? Marketing or Engineering?

I was at my local Walmart yesterday but did not see any new Mobil1 oil filters but they have not carried them in years so maybe that trend will continue but they are cleaning up the filter shelf space (Bosch and Fram HM) so we will see what happens.
TOTO.

It may just be Mobil's way to compete against the Fram Ultra without changing any aspects of the oil filter's internals. Think about it. How many people will go to Walmart to buy Mobil 1 EP oil and then see the matching brand's oil filter and will figure the oil filter goes with the Mobil 1 EP oil. This may be all there is to it.

I am willing to cut open a Fram Ultra filter I already have and cut open the new packaged Mobil 1 EP filter to compare them. Fram Ultra is rated for 15K miles, but I am sure it will easily go 20K miles. Mobil 1 EP oil filter max protection may now be 20K miles, due to testing Exxon may have just done to certify it for more miles, so they may be equal to each other. I know the Fram oil filters are cheaper, so that may still be the winner in most people's eyes. So does this mean Mobil 1 will revise their EP oil to 20K miles instead of the old rating of 15K miles?

Last edited:
Quote:
Also, I thought you said the new Ultra would be 24k. What changed? Marketing or Engineering?

The longer a filter is ran, the higher the FAILURE RATES. The Delta Curve probably was too risky for warranty purposes. They probably ran a risk analysis and remembered the OCOD scandal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Izb
99% at 30u is about 95-97% at 20u

Isn't that about the same as a Napa Gold / Wix?

People on here bash them because they "don't filter fine enough".

OK, here's the rationale - - if the holes in the media are bigger (less efficiency) then NATURALLY it'll go for the higher miles, because it can't plug if it's still flowing.

I'll take the better efficiency of the Ultra

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
The Delta Curve probably was too risky for warranty purposes. They probably ran a risk analysis and remembered the OCOD scandal.

Not necessarily - that's why the statement "do not exceed manufacturer's recommended oil changes" is the caveat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back