More new Quaker State products at Walmart, QSFSHM 10W30 and All Milage 20W50

I seen this on Walmart's website months ago but they were in-store only and not available at any store, I couldn't tell if they were a new product or if She'll just gave the stock photos and product SKU for grades it decided not to launch. They still don't have product sheets for these grades on the QS website despite it now being on store shelves. Nice that there's a high mileage 20W50 option back on shelves again.
IMG_20230325_160008584.jpg

IMG_20230325_160014683.jpg

IMG_20230325_160029597.jpg

IMG_20230325_160036696.jpg

Nice that there's a high mileage 20W50 option back on shelves again.
For what it's worth, QS All Mileage isn't equal to a true high mileage oil. I emailed SOPUS a couple weeks ago asking about the difference between this oil and Pennzoil High Mileage (blend), including asking specifically which of these two products has more seal conditioners and if these products contained GTL, and they replied:

"Quaker State All Mileage and Pennzoil High Mileage has the same premium petroleum base oil and additive package however formulated differently. Hence, it is normal to expect difference in typical values of oil analysis, NOACK volatility and other test even though they meet similar OEM and industry specifications.

Between these two products, Pennzoil High Mileage will have higher levels of seal conditioning additives hence more suitable for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles.

Our Pennzoil Platinum Series: Pennzoil Platinum, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage are the fully synthetic products made from patented GtL Technology."

For what it's worth, QS All Mileage isn't equal to a true high mileage oil. I emailed SOPUS a couple weeks ago asking about the difference between this oil and Pennzoil High Mileage (blend), including asking specifically which of these two products has more seal conditioners and if these products contained GTL, and they replied:

"Quaker State All Mileage and Pennzoil High Mileage has the same premium petroleum base oil and additive package however formulated differently. Hence, it is normal to expect difference in typical values of oil analysis, NOACK volatility and other test even though they meet similar OEM and industry specifications.

Between these two products, Pennzoil High Mileage will have higher levels of seal conditioning additives hence more suitable for vehicles with more than 75,000 miles.
That's great and all but Pennzoil High Mileage 20W50 is unobtanium, Maxlife 20W-50 is ridiculous it's only sold by the quart now and I'm not paying $7+/qt for oil to throw in a leaker/burner, GTX High Mileage 20W50 is the only relatively available High Mileage oil but I've never been too impressed with Castrol GTXHM and it's still around $5/qt and I have to go out of my way to order it on Amazon and have to want to buy at least $35 in stuff or buy 2 jugs at once so it's nice to have some reasonably priced locally available option now.

That's great and all but Pennzoil High Mileage 20W50 is unobtanium, Maxlife 20W-50 is ridiculous it's only sold by the quart now and I'm not paying $7+/qt for oil to throw in a leaker/burner, GTX High Mileage 20W50 is the only relatively available High Mileage oil but I've never been too impressed with Castrol GTXHM and it's still around $5/qt and I have to go out of my way to order it on Amazon and have to want to buy at least $35 in stuff or buy 2 jugs at once so it's nice to have some reasonably priced locally available option now.
My point is that the QS All Mileage is not a high mileage oil and doesn't compete against GTX HM, Pennzoil HM, or Maxlife in the first place. It's not in the same category, it's basically a standard "conventional" oil.

1679798255943.jpg

Nothing in what you've said was communicated from shell indicates that it doesn't have additional seal conditioners in it, the Quakerstate marketing material says that it's comparable to their high mileage oil in that regard, unless someone can share VOAs with oxidation number comparing the All Mileage to Quakerstate Conventional proving the lack of esters, Shell's own marketing materials indicate that their "All Mileage" product contains more seal conditioners like their "High Mileage" product.

View attachment 146834
Nothing in what you've said was communicated from shell indicates that it doesn't have additional seal conditioners in it, the Quakerstate marketing material says that it's comparable to their high mileage oil in that regard, unless someone can share VOAs with oxidation number comparing the All Mileage to Quakerstate Conventional proving the lack of esters, Shell's own marketing materials indicate that their "All Mileage" product contains more seal conditioners like their "High Mileage" product.
Well their technical support staff says it has less seal conditioners than a sister SOPUS high mileage product that uses the same base oil, so I don’t know what to tell you. I didn’t ask about QS High Mileage because that oil seems to hardly exist, at least in my area. Maybe the whole QS line, regardless of the name on the bottle, contains less seal conditioners than the Pennzoil line does.

Back