no electric cars, no hydrogen cars, how about air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: CT8
How does the air get compressed?

In the areas that hydrogen mines are found, there's usually vast untapped reserves of pressurised air that can be drilled for, tapped, and trucked to where needed.

Let's move to the quality areas with mines raping the land!

IIRC this is old, tried, true, and tired old tech that actually works. People in Africa and poor nations is where this idea was originally floated a long long time ago.

There are a lot of alternatives out there to oil is what interests me most.

We are dreaming up ways of re-freezing the Arctic to compensate from human climate change.

What is really re-assuring is people's attitudes are changing faster than I thought they would.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
In the areas that hydrogen mines are found, there's usually vast untapped reserves of pressurised air that can be drilled for, tapped, and trucked to where needed.

I know where there is a huge hydrogen reservoir just waiting to be tapped that contains a truly unlimited amount of the gas. It is visible to almost everyone on the planet and there is literally nothing in the way between us and it. All we need is a pipeline.

And anyone who thinks that a compressed air powered automobile is a good idea is completely divorced from reality and basic physics.

The thing that's being ignored is the superior torque curve of an electric motor, all the way from zero rpm to the sky. No internal combustion engine or cold pressure engine can match that size for size. The steam cars couldn't do it either.

We already have the correct solution and it is being implemented. Electric motors are in their own class. They run at full rating 24/7/365 at power plants for 40 years and never need anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back