Oil Change - Lubeguard Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
09 Tundra, only second oil change for me (new to me) at 180. Changed with synthetic last and same again today.

Thought I would try Lubeguard Engine Flush. Ran for 15 mins then drained.

My lord the oil was dirty. Probably went 8k miles in the last 6 months, maybe less. I drive it easy, few hwy miles.

Use the House brand full synthetic from NAPA.

Wondering if I should have changed the oil sooner or did the Lubeguard 'actually' flush out contaminants.

Or...is that about how dirty it would typically be?

Just looking for some 'friendly' opinions.

Yes, oil becomes dark after 8k. That shouldn't be a shocker. I can guarantee the product you used flushed your wallet if nothing else.

Originally Posted By: coopns
09 Tundra, only second oil change for me (new to me) at 180. Changed with synthetic last and same again today.

Thought I would try Lubeguard Engine Flush. Ran for 15 mins then drained.

My lord the oil was dirty. Probably went 8k miles in the last 6 months, maybe less. I drive it easy, few hwy miles.

Use the House brand full synthetic from NAPA.

Wondering if I should have changed the oil sooner or did the Lubeguard 'actually' flush out contaminants.

Or...is that about how dirty it would typically be?

Just looking for some 'friendly' opinions.

Since this was your second change, you should have some non quantitative comparison of how "dirty' the change with the Lubegard was in relation to your first. Based on the way you described it, it seems to me you think it was much more dirty. If so, it probably did its job. Lubegard products are not snake oil.

What prompted you to use a flush product in the first place? Unless the engine was treated like [censored] before, an OCI or two with a good cleaning oil like PP/PU would've tidied things up.

Last edited:
The only way to know the quality of oil after usage is Oil Analysis.
Unfortunately, that will cost you some money to do it.
So change the oil and be done with it.

Oil will get dirty when it is doing its job.
If it does not get dirty, that is when you need to worry.
In the mean time, just enjoy the Tundra and keep changing the oil at the interval you are comfortable with.

Its an 8 year old Toyota with 180k miles. What are you trying to fix/accomplish? Just change your [censored] oil.

Probably 2 years of "I'm gonna sell it who cares.." oil changes coming out. As others have stated it was probably the syn vs a mild engine flush that made the difference. Only way to know for sure is change one variable at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back