Can't sign into bank account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go to try and login to my account, the area where you login just says page cannot be displayed. I ended up having to use my phone to login so I could pay my credit card bill. Of course the bank is closed today and I haven't been able to resolve this issue all weekend. Any ideas? I have a feeling it's my computer, since I can login on my phone.

You could start with the basics, like clearing the cache/cookies for your browser or using a different browser. You can also point DNS to a different server, such as Google or OpenDNS.

I still get paper bills because I fear this happening. In fact citibank ripped me off once by taking several weeks to restore my online banking after my wife lost her credit card, letting me reach a point where I had to pay interest.

But you can always call the 800 number on the back of your card to make an ACH payment with the digits from your checkbook.

As for the computer, try different browsers.

Ditto on clearing cache and/or trying a different browser. Another thing to try, since this happened to me a couple of times; try turning off power to your modem and router (if you have one) and restarting. I had a squirrely problem with my computer occasionally where it couldn't reach a website despite clearing the cache. Restarting the modem fixed it.

I've had old bookmarks go stale and had to search for the website again and re book mark it. Try searching Google for the site if you're using a bookmark, just make sure you're landing on the correct site

Try a private or incognito window from your computer browser. It may be a bad session from before that did not clean itself properly. Lastly click ctrl F5 for good measure to reload the entire page.

All good suggestions. Several times I've run into the "stale" web page issue on my book mark.

Your bank could also be doing system maintenance today as it is holiday for them.

How do you shut off the firewall? It does say only secure information is displayed. I have a Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back