Shop Labor Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Win. This is excellent logical, straightforward, legal reasoning. I knew this was a breach or failure of contract, but not sure what the correct term was.

I didn't get what I paid for = failure of consideration.

I did pay. My money was good. The mechanic did the work correctly. But the front-office/GM screwed up with this "he said, NO" excuse for not covering the labor.

Point two: Superposition isn't appropriate here: I'm not between shop & supplier just as I'm not an employee, as he declared. He's manipulated me into the former, yet kept me out as the later, which is inappropriate. Thus, the financial burden for the faulty part lies with him ("we eat it") and his supplier. Not me as customer.

His "inability" to seek reimbursement from his supplier or remanufacturer is outside of my role as customer.

Bingo....this is key.

Very pleased to report this issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. I returned, asked for the rest of my money back and received it without any fuss...much to my surprise given the open hostility and abuse I received last time.

This time I was prepared and loaded for bear. Fortunately, I didn't have to remove the safety. Unfortunately, I'm losing a trusted mechanic as I won't be going back. Too many encounters where the manager screwed up, and the staff is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back