Conventional Formula Shell or Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get conventional Formula Shell (@ Home Depot) and conventional Mobil Super (@ Wal Mart) about the same price of $16 for 5 qts. Which one has proven to be better? Or is Super Tech better than these?

I have several cars that I run each about 6k OCI.
Dakota 3.9, G6 3.6 and Cavalier 2.2.

I can't comment on the Mobil conventional although I am sure it's good stuff. I have used both ST and Formula Shell in both synthetic and conventional for years and being in charge of a fleet of service cars and trucks and all motors lasted untill the bodies rusted out so hundreds of thousands of miles. My preference is the FS conventional I just feel more confident in Shell's quality control I once had several quarts of ST that came out of the bottle real cloudy looking with a strange viscosity as I pored it in the motor? I decided to drain it right out and replace it with FS.

Based on their 2013 PQIA tests the FS was a higher calcium, high boron, and moly oil. The Mobil Super 5K was a moderate calcium, high sodium, no boron, no moly oil, more like VWB/NAPA. The Mobil had better TBN and NOACK. So whichever add pack you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back