PP 5W30 Euro version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick one, so this PP Euro 5W30 states it's good for diesel vehicles, like TDI etc...

Question is, can this oil be used in a gasoline car like Honda Civic? I can mix it up with other conventional 5W20 too?

Thanks for your input and help.

I wouldn't mix oils.

That PP Euro is a low-saps oil designed for modern diesels with DPFs, etc. It will be fine in your Honda Civic but I would keep drain intervals to 5-6k.

It wouldn't be my first choice.

Which one? There are two European Pennzoil options. One is an A3/B4 option, and the other is a C3, and that sounds like what you're talking about. Either would be suitable, within reason. The C3 will also be SN, but not GF-5 because it is thicker. The A3/B4 will be SL or older, and also be thicker than an ILSAC oil. The A3/B4 would be suitable for longer drains than the C3 option, generally speaking, as rooflessVW already laid out.

I wouldn't mix, either.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Which one? There are two European Pennzoil options. One is an A3/B4 option, and the other is a C3, and that sounds like what you're talking about. Either would be suitable, within reason. The C3 will also be SN, but not GF-5 because it is thicker. The A3/B4 will be SL or older, and also be thicker than an ILSAC oil. The A3/B4 would be suitable for longer drains than the C3 option, generally speaking, as rooflessVW already laid out.

I wouldn't mix, either.

Sorry, should have been clear. I am talking about Euro AV version, it looks like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pennzoil+platinum+Euro+5W30&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN18bAhrbRAhXG3SYKHepXA3gQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=979#tbm=isch&q=pennzoil+platinum+Euro+AV+5W30&imgrc=-K1R45SzqUyVsM%3A

Thanks. I have that data sheet right in front of me. That's the C3 one, as roofless and I guessed, and is SN, but not GF-5, of course. It'll work fine, just don't try to extend your OCIs out the wazoo, and it's a bit thicker when it comes to HTHS than the "normal" stuff you'd use in the vehicle. Neither of those are really big concerns, of course.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Thanks. I have that data sheet right in front of me. That's the C3 one, as roofless and I guessed, and is SN, but not GF-5, of course. It'll work fine, just don't try to extend your OCIs out the wazoo, and it's a bit thicker when it comes to HTHS than the "normal" stuff you'd use in the vehicle. Neither of those are really big concerns, of course.

Thanks very much, if I use it for 5K OCI, should be a no problem, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back