what do you guys think about Pontiac G6 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work on these cars all the time at work and they always need suspension and brake work. Always rattle and make noise and leak oil. My advice stay away.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
I work on these cars all the time at work and they always need suspension and brake work. Always rattle and make noise and leak oil. My advice stay away.

I agree. Every one I hear accelerating from a stop always sound noisy and "rattly" from the engine bay.

When my dad was sick one of the home health aides drove one of these. She would stay for an hour or so. During that time the car would leak oil on the driveway. She would come a few times per week.

Well is there any american car that is good and last ? budget is $7000 looking for year 2005 to 2010 and low mileage ? I still drive a Saturn SL1 and loved, sadly I cant find anymore with low mileage

Originally Posted By: sirgerman
Well is there any american car that is good and last ? budget is $7000 looking for year 2005 to 2010 and low mileage ? I still drive a Saturn SL1 and loved, sadly I cant find anymore with low mileage
06-12 fusion with records of trans services. Or a 08-12 malibu with the 2.4.

Another thing is the 4t65e trans matted to most g.m cars of thoes years have trans problems.
Average mpg id say is 20-25mpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'd go with a 2005 era Buick 3800. Maybe a LeSabre.

what about this one

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3424222?ad_cid=61

Any. GM 3.8 will outlast the car. Very durable engine.

what is the gas mileage in a car like that ?

GM 3800's get incredible highway mileage.

G6 is the same thing as a Malibu. They're ok, my dad's ex wife bought a 2010 Pontiac G6 2.4L at 9 months old and 9,300 miles. Has around 70k-75k now, the only issue it has had is the transmission was shifting weird. All it needed was a software update from the dealer and it was perfect. Other than that it has been flawless, oil changes and 1 set of tires.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
G6 is the same thing as a Malibu. They're ok, my dad's ex wife bought a 2010 Pontiac G6 2.4L at 9 months old and 9,300 miles. Has around 70k-75k now, the only issue it has had is the transmission was shifting weird. All it needed was a software update from the dealer and it was perfect. Other than that it has been flawless, oil changes and 1 set of tires.

is the 2010 the same as the 2007 ? I just want it to last I dont care how it rides

I love pontiac , and usually all of them have red colored lights in the dash and radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back