RIP Carrie Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: bioburner
From what I heard the scenes with her in the next installment are already in the can.

Goodbye , sad farewell

Really? I think that'd be a shame. I realize they can't do follow up movies with her, but they should use the material just the same. I'd think fan outrage might "force" them to keep the footage (how many people would sign a petition to see Carrie's last work in Star Wars?). It wouldn't be the first time that an actor/actress changed faces halfway through a series--or the series had to be redirected due to loss. [I read the other day that Star Trek was going to drop the character after the actor died?]

Hmmm? I took what he meant by in the can to mean the scenes were already shot and done so the movie was all set( would have to be with a 2017 release )not that they threw them out.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: bioburner
From what I heard the scenes with her in the next installment are already in the can.

Goodbye , sad farewell

Really? I think that'd be a shame. I realize they can't do follow up movies with her, but they should use the material just the same. I'd think fan outrage might "force" them to keep the footage (how many people would sign a petition to see Carrie's last work in Star Wars?). It wouldn't be the first time that an actor/actress changed faces halfway through a series--or the series had to be redirected due to loss. [I read the other day that Star Trek was going to drop the character after the actor died?]

Hmmm? I took what he meant by in the can to mean the scenes were already shot and done so the movie was all set( would have to be with a 2017 release )not that they threw them out.

"In the can" usually means they scenes have been shot and the film is in the metal storage can. Obviously they don't use film anymore.

I'm glad she went out on top, doing feature blockbuster films, rather than being "that has-been that did Star Wars".

She will be remembered as a star who went out a star.

Shame to lose one of the core characters of the series.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Wonder what this does to the story line now for the upcoming Star Wars movies? She was due to be in them.
CGI FTW! If they can bring back Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) 22 years after he died, I am guessing they can do the same for Carrie Fisher.

I think they did do the same for Carrie in the final scene of Rogue One.

I almost flew out of my seat when I saw the original Tarkin. So amazing. He could play a creep like few others.
thumbsup2.gif

Quote:
Debbie Reynolds just suffered a medical emergency, which we're told is a possible stroke ... and EMTs just raced to the scene, TMZ has learned.
Debbie was at her son Todd Fisher's home in Beverly Hills and just after 1 PM someone from the house called 911.
We're told 84-year-old Debbie, whose daughter, Carrie, died Tuesday, has been distraught since Carrie's emergency Friday on a United jet.
Family sources tell us they called 911 to report a possible stroke.
The ambulance just took Debbie to a nearby emergency room.
Debbie was at Todd's house discussing funeral plans for Carrie.
Story developing ...

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-hospitalized-stroke/

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

"In the can" usually means they scenes have been shot and the film is in the metal storage can. Obviously they don't use film anymore.

33.gif

I completely misunderstood that one, hadn't heard of that term. I stand (thankfully!) corrected.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

33.gif

I completely misunderstood that one, hadn't heard of that term. I stand (thankfully!) corrected.

I always think of "in the can" as any material (audio,video media) that's unreleased.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Wonder what this does to the story line now for the upcoming Star Wars movies? She was due to be in them.
CGI FTW! If they can bring back Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) 22 years after he died, I am guessing they can do the same for Carrie Fisher.
I think they did do the same for Carrie in the final scene of Rogue One. I almost flew out of my seat when I saw the original Tarkin. So amazing. He could play a creep like few others.
thumbsup2.gif

They did; that scene, though very similar, was not the same as the one in New Hope. It was Ingvild Deila playing the role and CGI did the rest. I totally agree with you about Cushing...horror at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back