What is your OCI? (oil change interval)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is 10,000 because I'm too lazy to write-down the odometer, so I just change everytime the miles turnover to XX,000

Of course if the car is new, then I follow the book, so I don't void the warranty. (I also stick with the recommended grade even if it's inferior 0W-20.)

I do likewise. My two newer Toyota's generally get something on the 5's. Rotation every 5k, oil change every 10k. I bought my Tundra used, with 73k on the clock; and changed the oil at 80k just 'cuz.

My old Camry will get onto a 5k schedule too, although it'll probably get oil changes every 5k in addition to tire rotation. Older motor family, not sure I want to go to 10k. [However it's kinda on a 2,500 mile OCI while I see what comes out of the motor into the filter.]

Oh: my 2011 Camry might go onto 5k OCI's for the winter months. Last winter I changed in the spring, and the oil just seemed awfully thin and gas-smelling. Lots of cold starts... I might short change it for the winter months. But otherwise I very much like doing stuff on the 5's.

I use 3000 mile OCI on both my vehicles. I researched both vehicles for severe driving conditions which is what me and my wife qualify for. My Ford has 3000 mile changes. My Nissan has 3750 mile changes but I still just do it at 3000. Easier for the math. I use either a conventional or blend in both of them. On occasion I put in a full synthetic if it is on sale. Both vehicles got a NAPA Synth oil change due to their sale recently. I do my own oil changes.

Once a year oil and filter, Approx 10k-12k miles. I use Mobile 1 EP 5w30 and a Bosch filter. Been doing that for the last 12 years. Odometer don't work all the time only, when it feels like it. Last time I could check there was 180 k on the Exploder.,,,

I did the Xterra at 6k as one trip was 2k in two days. Uses no oil between changes with full synthetic, 110k on the meter
Scion was 5k when the OCI went off and was all summer driving with full synthetic
The Transit will be getting its first change on the low miles engine that was installed this fall(with fresh oil), 3k, syn blend going to full synthetic

One year max on all, which equates to:

Camry: 3,500-4,500 miles (TGMO 0w20)
Jetta: 3,000-7,500 miles (Edge 0w40)
Expedition: 3,000 miles (Edge 0w30)
S10: 4,000 miles (Castrol HM 5w30, soon to be T6 0w40 this weekend)

Camry: 5,000 miles on conventional, 7,500 on synthetic. Although the previous oil change was Mobil 1 EP 10w30 and I took it to 8,500.

Jeep: 3,000 miles on any oil. Got a couple cases of Napa Conventional 10w30 for it and plenty of other oils in my stash, I'll pamper it with short oil changes. It lives a very dusty life.

Don't know yet. Probably 3 years on present fill, but I might stretch it to 4 if it looks OK.

Liberty: 3500-4000 miles, anywhere in that zone where I have time.
LR3: 5000-6000, LR says 7500 but I think 5000-6000 is good
XJ: 3000, for now, cleaning it out. Once it's clean, probably 4000
New Cherokee: not sure, have 40% oil life left, so I need to figure this one out. Want to do PP, maybe 7000 mile OCIs if Mopar filters can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back