Hit By Governer's Level II Drought Declaration !

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I lived in a drought prone area, might be a good idea to get a rain barrel...that is if your government hasn't gone totally insane and is barring the collecting of rain water.

Get a pump sprayer 1 gallon and a bucket and 12-15 microfiber towels 2 gallons of distilled water and ONR (Optimum No Rinse). Put .5oz ONR in the pump sprayer dump one gallon water this is your pre soak, one gallon water 1oz ONR in bucket soak towels in it this is your wash. Watch the Gary Dean method on YouTube. This works for very dirty cars, unless it's been driven down miles of red dirt roads in the rain of miles and miles in heavy snow with salt build up. It will safely clean you car very well. Don't be scared embrace the fear and try it,

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
OP here : Under Georgia drought restrictions - it's a little vague . On one hand it states "hand watering with a automatic shut off nozzle" is allowed . On the other hand it states : "non-commercial vehicle washing including fundraising car washes,and non-commercial pressure washing" is prohibited" ... Which camp am I in wanting only to wash his car at home with an auto shut off spray nozzle ?
Wash the car on the lawn and you actually are watering the lawn.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Look into a waterless wash like ONR.

Worse comes to worst, pre-spray the dirt at a DIY drive-in wash, unless theyve closed them down...

ONR works great as a rinseless wash, not a big fan of it as a waterless. Good stuff (although I think there "were" better ones out there ex. D114 which Megs discontinued)

+1 ONR makes a wash and wax now that is rinseless. Supposed to be some good stuff. I want to get some when I am done with the chemical guys version I have from a while back. It is my winter wash. I use a 3 gallon bucket so it only needs a capful and half. 3 gallons is less you would use for a shower. Better yet bathe in the remaining water. Win/Win

Speaking of detailing, where did The Critic go? He was the guru for these kind of things

I've been using chemical guys Ecosmart waterless wash concentrate but have some ONR on its way from amazon right now. Waterless wash and rinseless wash are different. Waterless you spray on, wipe off. Rinseless you actually soak the microfiber or wash mitt in a bucket of solution before wiping the surface of the vehicle. Using a little common sense and technique goes a long way to avoid any scratches. I like the Ecosmart but couldn't resist ordering the ONR to see what all the fuss is about.

No way you can "waterless wash" a dirty car without clear coat damage.

A car wash ban has been in effect for years in Lincon County NM.. With 5 or 6 vehicles to maintain I put a 550 gallon rain collection tank under the rear deck. I ran a line underground up to the driveway and a RV water pump gives me plenty of car wash pressure. I have never heard of the $500 fine being slapped on any one...but I can wash cars and water plants when ever I want without worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back