Question about Kendall motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently picked up a case of Kendall GT-1 5w-30 Dexos 1 motor oil. When I got it home and looked at the outside of the case and the quart bottles I noticed it doesn't say exactly what type of oil it is. I know to meet Dexos 1 is has to at least be a synthetic blend or full synthetic. Does anybody have an idea if this is a blend or full synthetic? I'm never home in time to call the company and find out. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure about all the specs. I just know it's in a silver bottle and says Kendall GT-1 Dexos 1 approved. No mention whatsoever of synthetic blend or full synthetic. I got it for around $45 at a distributor.

The current Kendall GT1 Max oil in the red bottles lists the Dexos 1 oil as a full synthetic. In addition, it has exactly the same specifications as the older gray bottle Kendall Dexos 1 oil. Thus, I would say both are full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Great job Wemay. Way to help out here!

Yeah... he's at the top of his game on image posting.
grin2.gif

It does appeal to the male ego, nice color, great wording,and it says its ideal for gasoline engines....

Hey Merk... at least he's willing to look for them and put them up on here. That actually takes just a bit of EFFORT. Maybe not much. But a bit of effort is a good deal. I think it's a nice touch to post up pics to help out and make sure what the other member has.

By the way Merk, I enjoy your humor on here and wild posts at times. You make me laugh and that a good deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
By the way Merk, I enjoy your humor on here and wild posts at times. You make me laugh and that a good deal.

You're welcome and by the way, I think car51 has the exact opposite opinion.
grin2.gif

A good major brand engine oil company (Mobil, Castrol, Shell group and Liqui Moly) will have an accurate oil finder (Or guide) page of their main web site. That page will have an engine or model type specific recommendation or three. It's a real good idea once you have decided which oil company you like, to look up that recommendation to avoid buying the wrong oil. The owners handbook can also be used as a cross check.
If you are concerned about the use of thin oils in a hot area when towing a heavy load or racing, look up the oil finder for the UK (dot co.uk) or German (dot de) web site to see what the long OCI thick oil types are using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back