2016 F150 3.5 EB ~7.7k miles Edge 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed a little early due to time constraints.

16097L01987-E-I-779662-Sev1-001.jpg

Here is my first one just for info sake
2016F150-I-510920-Sev2-001.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joseph_S37
What are your driving habits like with this truck? Glad to see fuel dilution isn't an issue with your particular engine

I tow anywhere from 10 to 30 percent of the time. The remainder is mixed between highway and city driving. I am a pretty mellow driver for the most part, but sometimes I like to stomp on it.
smile.gif

Was this 0w-30 edge from an older stash (ie mid 2015 or earlier)? It's the previous Castrol magnesium formulation which supposedly was replaced last year. If not, then they either never changed the 0w's or recently changed the line again.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Was this 0w-30 edge from an older stash (ie mid 2015 or earlier)? It's the previous Castrol magnesium formulation which supposedly was replaced last year. If not, then they either never changed the 0w's or recently changed the line again.

I purchased it this year, I am pretty sure it is the newer formulation. Edge with titanium.

Flagging the titanium TWICE but not noticing that the oil is castrol edge titanium...... special type of idiot running the test? Especially when the both UOA shows the same amount of titanium in them....
lol.gif

This used oil is real stout with good metal wear rates.
OCI could've extended further to say 10/12 K.
Btw, what's the OLM reading ?

Originally Posted By: zeng
This used oil is real stout with good metal wear rates.
OCI could've extended further to say 10/12 K.
Btw, what's the OLM reading ?

OLM track at 1k miles for every 10% no matter how I drive.

I am curious why you picked this oil when the ford spec is 5w30.

Castrol's own web site says it is not speced for the 3.5 or 2.7 ecoboost.

"Unfortunately we cannot determine a suitable product for your vehicle. This may be due to the fact we do not have a product that matches your specification or more information regarding your vehicle is needed. We recommend contacting your local Castrol dealer or distributor to get a specific recommendation. Click the link below to find your local distributor."

I am really curious and trying to learn and not being a A$$.

Thanks, SS

Originally Posted By: Strawdog

Castrol's own web site says it is not speced for the 3.5 or 2.7 ecoboost.

"Unfortunately we cannot determine a suitable product for your vehicle. This may be due to the fact we do not have a product that matches your specification or more information regarding your vehicle is needed. We recommend contacting your local Castrol dealer or distributor to get a specific recommendation. Click the link below to find your local distributor."

I am really curious and trying to learn and not being a A$$.

Thanks, SS

Because I had some in the garage. I was going to switch to my Kendall but I used that on some other vehicles. The Castrol seemed to work well so I purchased more. In addition I like the spec's it meets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Quote:

Because I had some in the garage. I was going to switch to my Kendall but I used that on some other vehicles. The Castrol seemed to work well so I purchased more. In addition I like the spec's it meets.

You appear to make the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back