Indians up 3-1 in World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Indians take it, mostly for Terry Francona. Which makes me feel badly for the Cubs. Because never is a long time It was an 86 yr drought for the Red Sox until '04 when they won the AL pennant, mostly by luck. And playing small ball. As for the current Red Sox winning the AL east, they show promise. Maybe next yr. In the Natl league park, the Indians pitcher hit. He lasted 7 innings and hit a 3 run homer to put the game out of reach for the Cubs.

I can never root against Tito Francona being a Red Sox fan. Plus the way Jon Lester and Theo Epstein left the Red Sox, there is no way in h@@l I'm rooting for the Cubbies. Don't care how long its been for them.

The Indians have shocked MLB with their pitching and playing small ball. It will be unbelievable to see both the Cavs and the Indians win titles in the same year after coming up short year after year.

The Cubs would have to win the last three games straight which isn't going to happen although it would be thrilling if it did.
OTOH, the Cubs have a strong and young roster, so they'll likely be a factor for the next few seasons.
This may not be the only shot they'll have given the developing talent on the team.

Originally Posted By: deven
I can never root against Tito Francona being a Red Sox fan. Plus the way Jon Lester and Theo Epstein left the Red Sox, there is no way in h@@l I'm rooting for the Cubbies. Don't care how long its been for them.

01.gif
( other than about Theo - that was due to Larry Luchinno the tool bag and not greed and dishonesty on Epstein's part ala Lester and his lies about wanting to stay and taking a hometown discount ).

Go tribe!!!

I would actually like to see the Indians win it at home in game 6. I am okay if the Cubs win game 5. Just don't let Lester get the win. Hope he is hammered hard early and knocked out and then the Cubs can come back for a late win.

Last edited:
^^Yes Luchinno is a tool bag but John Henry tried to step in and dissolve the matter but by that time Epstein was pretty much holding a gun to Henry's head and told him to make him the president of baseball operations or else. That's what I didn't like about Theo. His head and ego got the better of him.

Last edited:
^^Yes Luchinno is a tool bag but John Henry tried to step in and dissolve the matter but by that time Epstein was pretty much holding a gun to Henry's head and told him to make him the president of baseball operations or else. That's what I didn't like about Theo. His head and ego got the better of him.

Epstein simply told Henry what the Cubbies offered him. It was nothing about big heads and big egos.

Simply put! If the Red Sox wanted to retain Epstein, they had to make him President.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Epstein simply told Henry what the Cubbies offered him. It was nothing about big heads and big egos.

Simply put! If the Red Sox wanted to retain Epstein, they had to make him President.

What people don't understand is the ego that Epstein has. He left the Red Sox in 2005 because he didn't get what he wanted. The Red Sox begged him to come back and in 2006 made him the GM and executive vice president of the team. Then he wanted more in 2011 and rumors have it that he was just playing the Red Sox because the Cubs had made him an offer that was too good to refuse and was looking for an out. So he made the lives of the owners a nightmare and eventually the Red Sox washed their hands of him. If it was as simple as just making him the president Theo would still be here. I wouldn't in the least be surprised if in the next 5 years he wears out his welcome in Chicago.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The Cubs would have to win the last three games straight which isn't going to happen

That's what everybody said when the Cavs went down 3-1 to the Warriors...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The Cubs would have to win the last three games straight which isn't going to happen

That's what everybody said when the Cavs went down 3-1 to the Warriors...

Baseball is a lot different than basketball but then again the Red Sox came back from 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees 4 straight. But its far and few inbetween in baseball. The Cubs won yesterday to close the gap by 1 game but paid a high price doing so having to pitch their closer for 8 outs and over 60 pitches. Now they have to go into Cleveland and win 2 straight and face Kluber again in game 7 if it goes that far.

Last edited:
I sure hope it doesn't come down to a game 7. Glad they're still in the hunt and the Indians win tomorrow night!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I sure hope it doesn't come down to a game 7. Glad they're still in the hunt and the Indians win tomorrow night!

Well it's coming down to game 7. I'm sure half of Cleveland isn't getting a good feeling about this. Let's see if Kluber can pitch well on short rest.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Well it's coming down to game 7. I'm sure half of Cleveland isn't getting a good feeling about this. Let's see if Kluber can pitch well on short rest.

I bet it's more than half...

Originally Posted By: Patman
I think Kluber is going to get Klobbered tonight! I bet he doesn't last two innings....

I hope you're right but he's looked fantastic his last two outings....

The Cubs need to continue hitting and we will be ok.

GO CUBS!

I think Kluber is going to get Klobbered tonight! I bet he doesn't last two innings....

You may be right...the Cubs bats are on fire right now...

Originally Posted By: dja4260

I hope you're right but he's looked fantastic his last two outings....

He has, but he's going on short rest yet again and eventually it has to catch up with him and I think it'll be tonight.

Food for thought:- Of the last 10 World series that went to game 7 the home team has won 9 out of 10 World Series.

Hope the Cubs get Klubered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back