97 ram, plastic fuel rail, swap for metal one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
working on a beater 97 ram 1500 with the 318. The crossover line on the plastic fuel rail is leaking, i tried to remove it and it just fell apart, and I have no faith in replacing the crossover line and it holding.

I have read around that the fuel rails on later trucks are metal, is the crossover line at least replaceable with those fuel rails? I would use proper high pressure fuel line and clamps of course. I plan on getting one from a junkyard, I believe I'll have to get the fuel line as well because it wont fit the existing fuel rail line connectors.

Last edited:
Fuel clamps on fuel injection rails are not a good idea. You can easily repair the the crossover line. The nylon fuel line is cheap at the parts store. Cut it to length, dip it into some MEK and push it on. The MEK makes it soft then shrink, so you can push it on and then it will bite down on the fittings and seal up.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Fuel clamps on fuel injection rails are not a good idea. You can easily repair the the crossover line. The nylon fuel line is cheap at the parts store. Cut it to length, dip it into some MEK and push it on. The MEK makes it soft then shrink, so you can push it on and then it will bite down on the fittings and seal up.

thanks i appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back