Ac delco or dorman for new fuel sendng unit..98 lesabre

Hi all! Few years ago,I replaced my fuel filter myself,Thanksgiving day,and one of the plastic fuel lines.2019. I remember seeing,on top the tank,the 3 metal lines,that connect too plastic lines they looked very rusted. So,now I want too replace it.
In
Know oem ,AC Delco is best. How about dorman? I know spectra and others will last like 4 years. I'm assuming,AC Delco ill get over a decade on.
And! Should I replace fuel pump?its working fine...150,400 miles on it,since 1998 as far as I know...

Spectra Premium is junk that barely lasts 1 yr. AC Delco is just reboxed parts from other makers. Dorman is hit or miss. Go on rockauto and get a Delphi unit that will be as close to OEM as available aftermarket- Delphi was the original pump in that vehicle. At 150k miles the pump could go at any time, replacement isn't a bad idea if you use a quality part. If you use a cheap part it may fail sooner then the old original lol

I would avoid anything Dorman. If you cannot get a Delphi part, as outlined above, but an GM Original Equipment part is available, then that will probably be your best bet. No affiliation with the seller whatsoever, but this might be a good option being NOS.

If it's not leaking, I would leave it alone. It probably will still last a long time.You likely are not going to find an OEM part for an old Lesabre. If you do get into it, I would use Delphi or Carter.You can get the entire assembly and not piece-part together. If the tank is very rusty, you might as well change it out too. You won't likely ever have to mess with it again.

I've replaced the sending unit twice on our Impala, but I've been using the $35 Dorman units available on Rock Auto. Fortunately, the car has an access hatch so the swap is an easy one. Fuel pump is original though..... If it ever goes I will get an AC Delco or Delphi.

Generally with anything electrical or that has moving parts, if the choice is Dorman or a bag of dog poo you'll have better luck with the bag......

Wow! My mechanic said dorman stuff was very good....I've read from here overtime it's not that great.

Back