What's a reasonable amount of time to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Haha there's nothing more embarrassing than handing a hot nurse a jar of fresh whiz!!

Glad I'm not the only one that is weirded out by that.

I've had 2 drug screenings in my life. First one was for when I was hired on with the company and the second was after an accident in a company vehicle. Both times I didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes. (un)luckily for me I go quite frequently so if I had to go when I got there it wouldn't be long before I could go again, lol.

The first one irritated me, nurse had me remove all belongings out of my pockets, pull up my shirt, pull up my pants legs, etc. I finally just said "do you just want me to get naked, it would be quicker!?" She wasn't impressed. I know they had to do all that to prevent tampering, but darn!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Haha there's nothing more embarrassing than handing a hot nurse a jar of fresh whiz!!

I enjoy it actually!

The longest I've waited was a little over an hour and a half and the shortest 30 min. I don't complain. On the clock with paid travel time and mileage to and from. I tell them to take their time. Easy money!

Where I work (aircraft maintenance facility), they give us randoms, and they bring the testing people to us. Someone from HR comes and gets us off the floor, totally at random, and takes us to a room where the nurse hands us a cup, or makes us blow into a breathalyzer.

I've been hit twice in the 3.5 years I've been there - once for a breathalyzer and once for a drug screen.

We do have people fail them from time to time. One of the strangest things was, somebody found some old pis in a bag back behind some parts, in the parts department. It had started to leak and stink up the place. Obviously some druggie who worked in the parts department stashed some pis back there in case he got picked for a random.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Where I work (aircraft maintenance facility), they give us randoms, and they bring the testing people to us. Someone from HR comes and gets us off the floor, totally at random, and takes us to a room where the nurse hands us a cup, or makes us blow into a breathalyzer.

I've been hit twice in the 3.5 years I've been there - once for a breathalyzer and once for a drug screen.

We do have people fail them from time to time. One of the strangest things was, somebody found some old pis in a bag back behind some parts, in the parts department. It had started to leak and stink up the place. Obviously some druggie who worked in the parts department stashed some pis back there in case he got picked for a random.

You do know that is not supposed to work, right? Urine freshly leaving the body has a certain temperature. Unless the perp stuck it in the microwave real quick before concealing said pee.

I didn't say it doesn't work, just that it is not supposed to.

By the way, Quest Diagnostics is a good lab. I've also never had any issue with Labcorp. OP, have you thought of becoming a thorn in rude lab's side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back