Audi buying back the 3-liter TDIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowest-Rated Midsized Sedan: Chrysler 200

A mediocre car in a category overflowing with competent, and even excellent, alternatives, the 200 drives like it's from a previous era. Handling is clumsy, the ride is rough and unsettled, and the four-cylinder engine is underwhelming. Sitting in the tight rear seat feels claustrophobic. Not only is the transmission uncooperative, but it has proven to be a reliability albatross. A relatively quiet cabin is the only consolation. The 200 has the dubious distinction of carrying the lowest overall road test score in the class, as well as the lowest predicted reliability rating.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/lowest-rated-cars-bottom-picks-2016/

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Lowest-Rated Midsized Sedan: Chrysler 200

A mediocre car in a category overflowing with competent, and even excellent, alternatives, the 200 drives like it's from a previous era. Handling is clumsy, the ride is rough and unsettled, and the four-cylinder engine is underwhelming. Sitting in the tight rear seat feels claustrophobic. Not only is the transmission uncooperative, but it has proven to be a reliability albatross. A relatively quiet cabin is the only consolation. The 200 has the dubious distinction of carrying the lowest overall road test score in the class, as well as the lowest predicted reliability rating.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/lowest-rated-cars-bottom-picks-2016/

Yeah, the 4-banger sucks. Of course, the V6 Limited has a different engine, different chassis setup, and a vastly better interior.

I once tried that Pentastar V6 in Dodge, and compare to ANY other SUV it felt like there is hair dryer under the hood.
Chrysler is lucky they have Fiat as owner, and they always knew how to design vehicles. But they seriously need to update their engines.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
I once tried that Pentastar V6 in Dodge, and compare to ANY other SUV it felt like there is hair dryer under the hood.
Chrysler is lucky they have Fiat as owner, and they always knew how to design vehicles. But they seriously need to update their engines.
I'm not sure what you mean by a hair dryer under the hood?

My grandmother's Grand Caravan with the 3.6L is a rocket for a van.

How did this thread turn into someone defending the WORST sedan made in a decade?

I'm just here wishing I would have bought a 3.0tdi Touareg when I had the chance.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Well, try another vans is all I can say. And this was coupled to 8 speed ZF in Dodge.
Otherwise, SUV with great potential, has looks, has good interior but...

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
How did this thread turn into someone defending the WORST sedan made in a decade?

I'm just here wishing I would have bought a 3.0tdi Touareg when I had the chance.

I bought last year X5 35d and was on verge to buy Audi Q7 TDI. I did not like less power in Audi and weight. Otherwise, great car.

Well, try another vans is all I can say. And this was coupled to 8 speed ZF in Dodge.

I have a Grand Cherokee with the 3.6/8 speed. No clue what you're talking about.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I have a Grand Cherokee with the 3.6/8 speed. No clue what you're talking about.

Well, obviously it is subjective thing.

Not really. There is a good amount of torque available at any RPM, and it doesn't take much throttle input to move the speedo a considerable amount all while getting 23 MPG.

Not really. There is a good amount of torque available at any RPM, and it doesn't take much throttle input to move the speedo a considerable amount all while getting 23 MPG.

I didn't care for the Pentastar in the Grand Cherokee either. If it was the only engine it would be find I guess, but there was no comparison once you drove the diesel or V8.

I didn't care for the Pentastar in the Grand Cherokee either. If it was the only engine it would be find I guess, but there was no comparison once you drove the diesel or V8.

Can't say I've driven the diesel or V8, but I'll never complain about more torque. The JGC with the Pentastar feels like it weighs 2 lbs.

Can't say I've driven the diesel or V8, but I'll never complain about more torque. The JGC with the Pentastar feels like it weighs 2 lbs.

I guess it is subjective then.

Quote:

Like I said, subjective thing. Many people find Prius powerful enough (not comparing power, just making point).
To kind of go back to subject, Audi Q7 3.0T (supercharged) has same issue. Not sure how they plan to tell people: yeah give as back torque monster for engine that not only is not powerful enough for that weight, but had some serious issues.

Quote:

Like I said, subjective thing. Many people find Prius powerful enough (not comparing power, just making point).
To kind of go back to subject, Audi Q7 3.0T (supercharged) has same issue. Not sure how they plan to tell people: yeah give as back torque monster for engine that not only is not powerful enough for that weight, but had some serious issues.

What are those serious issues in the 3.0T?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The only two I can think of:

There is a fix kit for the accessory drive system. Some of them come misaligned from the factory and need an *ahem* $1600 "fix kit" from VW.

The DEF tank heater is known to fail.

There is a fix kit for the accessory drive system. Some of them come misaligned from the factory and need an *ahem* $1600 "fix kit" from VW.

The question was about 3.0T gasoline supercharged, not about 3.0 TDI.

I realize we have gone way OT now.

The question was about 3.0T gasoline supercharged, not about 3.0 TDI.

I realize we have gone way OT now.

Oh dang lol... I thought this was a TDI thread... I didn't even notice 3.0T as in the gasser.

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back