40" Vizio Smart HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
There were some old threads but I wanted the latest info.
277 at Walmart. I would be replacing our 15+ year old Sanyo Dumb TV. I have Comcast and hope possibly eventually buy a high Def. Aerial and eliminate the TV portion of comcast and maybe the Comcast Phone and go to Ooma.

Just about every TV is called a smart TV. Don't let it throw you off, you can still put an antenna on your roof or attic, you can still add an after market player like RUKU or apple etc if you wish and you can also use the built in smart device if you wish.
For $277 your picture will be beautiful compared to what you have!

I ditched pay TV and phone, very happy with Ooma, even international calls. Landline quality.
Between Ruku, and TV antenna we still have way more TV then we can watch, we also subscribe to Netflex and Hulu +

Last edited:
I have 6 Visio TV's... Half are smart. Been good, all. They were an American company 2002-2016 ...
Now owned by Chinese company LeEco

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

I ditched pay TV and phone, very happy with Ooma, even international calls. Landline quality.
Between Ruku, and TV antenna we still have way more TV then we can watch, we also subscribe to Netflex and Hulu +

I'm right behind 'ya. I am done allowing Comcast to F me.

just got a 4k 50 in TCL from Costco for 399. Im very happy with it.....my LG just died.

Have a 60" Vizio P series (2014 vintage), and the Smart features work fine. The Yahoo based app the older Vizios used for their interface is no longer used. Vizio went with the same code as the other generic stuff like Roku, and others, so support/upgrades will be there. If you get the newer boxes, they will stream 4K/UHD as well as the built in apps of the smart TV.

I would bump it up to the M43 at least as reviewed here http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-500-tv/

I have the M49 based on last years review and I am still amazed at the quality.

The E series is the best value no doubt, but if u are willing to spend another $100-$200 or so the M series is a tad bit sharper and the colors and blacks are a bit better.

I would also advise to get the Vizio soundbar to go along with it. The 3.1 with the wireless subwoofer will blow my doors off.

Its getting close to Black Friday...so if u are on the cheap..there will probably be some deals around that time.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Quote:

Yeah, we didnt bother to upgrade until 4k was reasonably priced... 1080p isnt worth it, IMO.

It seems like there is little content out for 4K so what makes it worth it currently?

I watched the Super bowl at my sons house in 1080.
the set in the family room is a very good Samsung, the game looked great.
the set in the living room is a Samsung 4K that up converts 1080 to near 4K and the difference was startling.
Well worth it.

And to the OP go bigger unless budget and space are the reason for the 40 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back