Maxlife for Dexron VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: meborder
Originally Posted By: stower17
The current bottles of Supertech Dex VI say on the back "NOT A LICENSED PRODUCT". Started noticing this about 1 year ago. The old bottles don't have that statement written on them.

Around here is the reverse. When it first showed up it was not licensed, but now the bottle shows it is licensed for both mercon LV and dexron IV

Can't upload pictures,or id show ya....

Supertech Dex VI says nothing about mercon LV.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The current bottles of Supertech Dex VI say on the back "NOT A LICENSED PRODUCT". Started noticing this about 1 year ago. The old bottles don't have that statement written on them.

No idea whats going on there, might be very old stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-DEXRON-VI-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid-1-qt/17134873

Quote:
Super Tech DEXRON VI Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1 qt:

Specially formulated with premium base stocks and advanced additive technology
Officially licensed and GM-approved
Meets the requirements of General Motors automatic transmissions calling for DEXRON VI fluid
Suitable for use where DEXRON II, DEXRON III, JASO M315 (1A), Toyota WS and Toyota T-IV fluids are recommended
Protection against wear and transmission shudder
Resistant to thickening due to high temperatures
Provides friction stability to maintain smooth and consistent shift performance

That's the old style bottle that was phased out starting last year. The new bottles are a different shape and have a larger opening, along with the new verbage on the back.

Regardless, I'm sure supertech dex VI is fine. Walmart just started carrying a synthetic supertech atf but it doesn't say what vehicles to use it in. It is more expensive than Maxlife so it is interesting why they priced it like this.

Originally Posted By: meborder

Not sure if this works....

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuFZY3fd8SzH7XiOUhlNlz63Xy5B

Thanks for the picture, it worked. I don't know anything about that dex/merc formula so I can't comment on it. If it is licensed then i hope it will be carried in the dallas/ft. worth stores soon because I've never seen it. Just the older dex/merc for dex III and older specs is what I've seen. However, the plain supertech dex vi which I thought we were referring to on this topic is not licensed nor mercon lv acceptable.

Supertech has another synthetic atf thats in a silver container. It doesn't have any performance specs so I'm curious as to why supertech has two synthetic formulas now.

I'll try to snap a couple of pictures this weekend. All the dex vi bottles are the new style which say not licensed. Most stores have the silver container multi veh synthetic and I have yet to see the dex/merc dex vi mercon lv synthetic. I'm curious about the multi veh dex/merc dex vi synthetic. If it's licensed I want to try it.

They may have a Dex VI only formula here as well, but I didn't notice if they did.

I mostly took notice of this one because it replaced the earlier version which said "recommended for" where as this is now licensed.

I just can't bring myself to trust a fluid that says it can be used for Mercon V and Mercon LV .... the two are exclusive, not inclusive like Dex VI -- at least until ford reformulates LV to be backward compatible like they did with Mercon V and Mercon (which I expect they will do at some point).

Went to a couple of WM's this week and got a picture of ST dexvi. It still says not a licensed product on yhe newer bottles. FYI to those that are using it thinking that it is.

fuxrx3.jpg

Went to a couple of WM's this week and got a picture of ST dexvi. It still says not a licensed product on yhe newer bottles. FYI to those that are using it thinking that it is.

fuxrx3.jpg

Looks like the XOM bottle, as Mobil is probably the supplier in your region.

Walmart might be phasing out the Dexron-VI only product, as they recently came out with a new low-vis synthetic multi-vehicle ATF, which is labeled as GM and Ford approved. Thew new ST LV ATF is most likely rebranded Mag 1 Low-Vis, at least in regions where WPP is Walmart's supplier.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Havoline Dexron VI at Amazon, 12 quarts for $55 has always been a great choice if you can wait for it to ship.

Thanks for that tip. It is $46.33 with prime shipping right now.
I will be doing my mom's Saturn Vue soon and need at least 10 qts for that, so 10 Qts of Supertech would be $42.70, 12 qts of Havoline is $46.33. A $3.63 difference, but I get 2 more bottles with the Havoline.
Plus the Havoline is compatible with Merc V and Toyota WS also (which both my vehicles use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back