What tires you rolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
215 45 17 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on my Civic SI.
Have had them on for 2 full summers, wearing well, and still quiet and grab great.

For winter I am still rocking my good old General Altimax Arctic in 205 55 16 on steelies.

Originally Posted By: GMFan
....Speaking of tires - I helped a coworker out the other day putting on his spare tire on his beater car. His rear tire blew out on his way to work - sidewall was all jacked up. All four tires on the car have different tread depths and are different brands.

This reminds me of one of my neighbors with a Chevy S-10. One of the front tires is a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S! The other corners have normal P or LT tires.

Originally Posted By: SR20DE
....Speaking of tires - I helped a coworker out the other day putting on his spare tire on his beater car. His rear tire blew out on his way to work - sidewall was all jacked up. All four tires on the car have different tread depths and are different brands.

This reminds me of one of my neighbors with a Chevy S-10. One of the front tires is a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S! The other corners have normal P or LT tires.

Yup - scary. To make matters even worse, the tire that blew out wasn't even an all-season tire. It was a WINTER tire. You don't have a true beater unless you have a summer, all-season and a winter tire on your car at the same time.
grin.gif

2011 Mazda6 - General Altimax RT 205/65R16, 4 years old, 56k miles, 5/32" tread left

Speaking of tires - I helped a coworker out the other day putting on his spare tire on his beater car. His rear tire blew out on his way to work - sidewall was all jacked up. All four tires on the car have different tread depths and are different brands.

A friend of mine had a sister who got a corporate scholarship to study at Oxford and was back in the US making good coin...and she drove some tiny econobox that was all dinged up and had 4 completely different tires on it. She got flats constantly and would just get the cheapest tire she could find at the nearest shop and drive on. I don't know if she got flats a lot from hitting and running over things or because her tires were garbage...she also bought a motorcycle and would constantly dump it and have to ask passers by to help her pick it back up.
She ended up marrying a guy who made insane coin and my buddy bought an M5 off him cheap because the guy didn't like the way it ran...my buddy went to change the oil and it would barely come out. It had about 50kmiles on it and my friend thinks the oil was never changed until he got it, runs OK now. I know my friend's sister and her husband aren't stupid, quite the opposite, think they are just so busy that things like car maintenance just aren't on their mental radar screen...

Heh I used to have a early 90's Nissan Sentra with 4 different tires from different brands and differing treadwear. It was a reliable POS but not where I would spend some serious coin on tires.

The 2014 Altima has the tires that came stock on the car - Michelin Primacy MXV4 215/55R17

The 2010 Fusion just got new rubber a few months back in the form of Cooper Zeon RS3-A 215/55R17 (Stock size is 225/50R17). Loving these tires so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back