Inexpensive Laser All In One Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
Switching from Inkjet to Laser, being I no longer design / distribute Holiday/Birthday Cards. So my needs have changed to everyday printing and my HP Inkjet is on it's last leg. This one below interests me and I can get it for $129 via Amazon Prime. Or should I buy something else in this price range?

Brother All-In-One Printer

Brother lasers are great.
Do you need the features of that one? if not they are as low as 80$

They are all duplex printing.
The dcp-L2540dw is the base non-fax model it goes for 80-90$ on sale
The MFCL2740DW is the duplex scanning model with fax. about 150$ on sale
I believe the one you linked is the "base" fax model.

They regularly go on sale almost every month.

I have 5 in service various models.. and they have all been flawless.
I have a dcp-7065DN and its been totally hasslefree and 8$ toners.

One of the biggest pluses is the fact that toner wont dry out or be wasted "cleaning" like an inkjet does.

I've done a lot of printing with my work and used various Brother printers. They've all been excellent.

I gave up on HP a long time ago.

That model is monochrome - just making sure you don't want/need color. I have had a Brother MFC-9125 for a few years and it works very well. It doesn't like generic toner cartridges - output gets messed up. The genuine toner cartridges can get expensive but it is what it is.
About $300 CDN for the 4 toner cartridges for my machine.

I have that identical printer

I love it

It sits quietly in the corner, and prints when asked

Do a firmware update when you get it, put it on your LAN or WiFi, add some paper and your done

Gave up on Inkjets years ago, too much $$$$

I have a brother all in one I bought off eBay for $100. It's great not having to worry about ink drying out. It currently has 23,000 prints under its belt and works flawlessly. Would highly recommend brother.

Personally I never got good service from my Brother laser printer, but that was about 15 years ago. I recall the ink refills were costly. Maybe the new models are improved. Just my 2 cents.

Staples currently has the refurbished HP LaserJet P1102w listed for $89.99.

I got that printer, refurbished, because I use the same model at work. No problems to report after 18 months. It's simple, easy to set up, and has a small footprint. I got mine for about $50 with a sale price and Staples credit for recycling inkjet cartridges.

It doesn't get used heavily, but the work printer is going on 7 years without a hitch.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Switching from Inkjet to Laser, being I no longer design / distribute Holiday/Birthday Cards. So my needs have changed to everyday printing and my HP Inkjet is on it's last leg. This one below interests me and I can get it for $129 via Amazon Prime. Or should I buy something else in this price range?

Brother All-In-One Printer

I have used HP products for years and never a problem. My daughter has the Brother you are looking at and loves it.

Look into getting a LED printer. A lot less moving parts than a laser printer.

A cheap monochrome all in one laser that has worked well for me is the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125a.

I have had great luck with brother hl-l2380dw. Wireless and works with apple devices and also a google cloud printer too. Cheap to buy and run.

I refuse to buy HP as inkjet now requires all full or no print.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Staples currently has the refurbished HP LaserJet P1102w listed for $89.99.

I got that printer, refurbished, because I use the same model at work. No problems to report after 18 months. It's simple, easy to set up, and has a small footprint. I got mine for about $50 with a sale price and Staples credit for recycling inkjet cartridges.

It doesn't get used heavily, but the work printer is going on 7 years without a hitch.

I just looked at this thread again and finally noticed "All In One" in the title. My recommendation is a printer only. I kept my all-in-one inkjet for scanning when I bought the laser.

My HP Inkjet was 3 In One, minus the Fax.
I ended-up buying the Brother I linked in my first post @ $129. I should receive it mid-week.
Thanks to everyone that posted. I did research all the laser printers mentioned here. Appreciate the help & recommendations.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Personally I never got good service from my Brother laser printer, but that was about 15 years ago. I recall the ink refills were costly. Maybe the new models are improved. Just my 2 cents.

Was your printer an ink jet or laser ??

I'm not sure which part of his post wasn't clear

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
Look into getting a LED printer. A lot less moving parts than a laser printer.

A cheap monochrome all in one laser that has worked well for me is the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125a.

an LED printer is exactly one less moving part. They have an LED bar instead of a laser/scanner assembly. Otherwise they are identical.

I installed the new Brother All-In-One today and have only toyed with making copies so far. Operates very well in very limited action.

What's disappointing is that this Brother printer added (7) new Startup items inside my Task Manager - two more Task Bar Icons and two more Desktop icons. This is unacceptable and I need to filter / remove some of these stuff in the coming weeks.

Also.....I just noticed this new Printer added (4) Programs to my Programs and Features Folder.
Holy Mackerel!

I have a white Busy Light below my white Power Button light on my Dell desktop. It's generally always quiet / off. Now it constantly blinks white repeatedly..... meaning it's constantly working ./ busy.

So Brother loaded all kinds of xtras on my computer and all I really need 90% of the time is Print. Once a month I Scan, Fax or Copy something.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Also.....I just noticed this new Printer added (4) Programs to my Programs and Features Folder.
Holy Mackerel!

I have a white Busy Light below my white Power Button light on my Dell desktop. It's generally always quiet / off. Now it constantly blinks white repeatedly..... meaning it's constantly working ./ busy.

So Brother loaded all kinds of xtras on my computer and all I really need 90% of the time is Print. Once a month I Scan, Fax or Copy something.

The white light is a hard drive activity light. They will generally light up some no matter what you are doing with windows.

You can disable the startup of all the brother extras and just run them as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back