Weathertech vs. Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real simple question: Is there a big quality difference between these two manufacturers' products?

The list price for both companies' cargo liner is $109.95
The list price for the 3 piece floor mat set (2 fronts, one full width rear) is $40 higher for Weathertech.
$179.95 for Weathertech vs. $139.95 for Husky brand.

I know it's "only $40" but don't yell at me.

It's hard to compare when the products are "factory shipped".

Thanks for any info. Kira (ps We just bought a new 2016 Mazda3 hatchback)

I always purchased W tech until I got a set of 3D MAXpider Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mats.
EBay and Amazon sell them and they are far cheaper and the quality is superb. I just got some for my week old C Max
$124 shipped on Amazon for front and back and on my Mitsu I got a deal on EBay for $100 shipped for all.

Never owned Husky - but love the WT. I gave out several at Christmas - never saw folks more happy with a gift.
(Yes, even the bride ! ).
wink.gif

I spent lots of time in dirt, mud, and sand - wash & wear mats ... Ready for church ...
Made in USA ...

I've owned both and they are of comparable quality. The last two sets I've bought Husky because they were cheaper. The Husky also did a better job of covering the dead pedal, but that might have just been that particular model. Both will last the life of the car and completely protect the carpeting.

I have Husky and they are good. I went w them over WT because it was less expensive. A buddy of mine has WT and they are nice, too.

I have the weather tech for.my Caravan. People don't like them for the rear seats because they make accessing the stow and go areas harder (since the rear section is one huge mat for the second and third rows.

I got a great deal on that rear mat in Amazon for under $60 USD since it was a returned product.

I'm happy with WTs

I've only had Weather Tech or OEM mats in my vehicles. I do love the Weather Techs in fitment and function. Great product. I have heard great things about Husky as well. I don't think you can go wrong either way honestly.

I have Husky in the F-250 and they "attach" to the factory floor posts. I am very pleased with them. I have WT in the Explorer and I find they are very stiff, but they work well to contain spills.

I've owned both, and generally prefer OEM all weather mats. I find the fit and finish to be better on the OEM ones. The WT and Husky liners often feel less supple (or more brittle) than the softer rubber than the OEM uses (at least in the case of our vehicles).

Check with your local Mazda dealer -- they'll have samples you can see and feel.

I had Weather Tech floor liners in my 4 Runner for 15 years. Perfect fit, great function, looked great after hard use in snow, salt, sand and mud for all those years.

Just got new Weather Tech floor liners for the Tundra. Very pleased with fit.

No experience with Husky, but I can unconditionally recommend Weather Tech.

Loved the all weather mats for my old ES350, and the gas pedal didn't stick
wink.gif
. My floor liners in the IS look like [censored]. The front ones are holding up better than the rears. The rears are a complete mess,the edges are curled in completely on all sides.

Have no experience with Husky.

I have WeatherTech in my 2011 F150 and Huskys in my 2016 Toyota Rav4. I like the Husky's a little more - better coverage, particularly around the dead pedal. Both are very high quality but the Husky's provide better value for me.

I prefer the Husky floor liner. Better coverage on the dead pedal and they have small spikes underneath to keep them in place.

Compare the pictures of both products online to see the coverage difference for both. That is what I did.

I think I have Husky's in my Toyota's. I did searching on various forums for reviews on both. At least for my Tundra, both were recommended--but the one I got had slightly better reviews, so I went with that over the other.

Apart from model specific reviews, they both are probably good.

I have owned both WT and Husky. Both are top notch. WT is a bit heavier and thicker but Husky covers better and it still plenty stout. I'd go with husky.

WOW...tremendous, informative responses. Since they're so close we're going with Husky and putting the $40 in the tank.

Since I have purchased Weathertech mats for my sister's Jeep I will resurrect this post when the Huskys are delivered and give my report.

Many thanks youz guys Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back