What kind of Spider is this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
14ie7wh.jpg

My brother found this down in his basement tonight,anyone know what kind of spider this is?!

Good lord that thing is huge, I'm generally not scared of spiders but seeing one of those up close and I'd run away screaming

Wow, thats a spider. We got Brown Recluse spides here. Eats your skin away. They are small,but move quick and make Black Widow bites seem tame.

Originally Posted By: 55Test
Good lord that thing is huge, I'm generally not scared of spiders but seeing one of those up close and I'd run away screaming

Yeah,he said it's no longer in his house,so I'm assuming it's life ended tonight.

Originally Posted By: Killer223
harmless wolf spider.

Thanks,I'll let him know
laugh.gif

He said he no longer wants to sleep in his house again!
grin2.gif

I've got those wolf spiders all around my property. The biggest one's I've seen were 2" long and hung around and inside my 3 ft diameter surface well cap. They jump good too and scare the heck out of you.

Wolf spiders are intimidating, for sure. My wife got one in the heater vent of the car two winters in a row. The she told me that she was asking her friend what kind of spider it could have been (poisonous or not) and described it as a wooly spider. He asked if this thing was bothering her.

I like the hobos, at one of the clinics I work at there are a dozen every year the size of my hand.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I've got those wolf spiders all around my property. The biggest one's I've seen were 2" long and hung around and inside my 3 ft diameter surface well cap. They jump good too and scare the heck out of you.

I think you probably scare the heck out of them aswell
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
This guy took up residence by our front door all last summer. Ate lots of bugs so we just let him be.

That looks like an Orb Weaver spider. We get lots of them around the outside of the house at this time of year. I let them be as they catch quite a few bugs and their webs are quite a work of art to look at!

I'm not a fan of spiders, but I'm getting used to the bigger ones we get on our deck. Back in the East we used to get big dock spiders that looked like that fella.

I would most definitely kick it out of bed for eating crackers. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back