F-250/6.7L Diesel in Fairbanks (-40F)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to do some work at the Cold Regions Test Center near Delta Junction, AK for a couple of years. Was part of Ft. Greely Army base when I was working there. It had to be one of the Army's best kept secrets. Fantastic duty for those assigned there. Cold, yes, but the Army pretty much left everyone alone there and they provided better living conditions for families than Ft, Wainwright near Fairbanks ever did. Wish I had been assigned there when I was wearing the uniform. Man that place sits in a river valley and gets some serious cold. Fun to watch them put a M-1 Abrams tank thru testing at -50F. Amazing to watch what happens to electronics in those when in some serious cold.

Those folks didn't seem to have too much problem running military vehicles around in that kind of cold. They knew what they were doing. Learned a lot from them.

Mmm, not so sure, it doesn't have more than API CF (it is the same thing as "normal" euro M1 0W40) so I don't think it will last long.

Better use Rotella T6 0W40 maybe? Or John Deer Plus-50™ 0W-40. Wish I could buy this one here...

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Mmm, not so sure, it doesn't have more than API CF (it is the same thing as "normal" euro M1 0W40) so I don't think it will last long.

Agree with you ,
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back