Porsche with loud cooling fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kestas
I can see the noise adding a bit of safety for pedestrians.

And when they look to the source of the noise, they will all notice how affluent you are driving a Porsche. lol

All of our cars have excessively loud cooling fans, but it seems to be normal. I personally like mechanical fans or a combination of mechanical and electric fans. I am sometimes embarrassed by the noise, but like the cold A/C in 100+ degree weather - and you can't hear them from inside the car unless it is really hot out.

I like both a loud electric fan *and* a temp gauge that has enough movement in the normal range that I can watch it tick up and down in traffic.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I like both a loud electric fan *and* a temp gauge that has enough movement in the normal range that I can watch it tick up and down in traffic.

^ This!

I wish I had real oil and coolant temp gauges.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
All of our cars have excessively loud cooling fans, but it seems to be normal. I personally like mechanical fans or a combination of mechanical and electric fans. I am sometimes embarrassed by the noise, but like the cold A/C in 100+ degree weather - and you can't hear them from inside the car unless it is really hot out.

My 96 VW Golf also has loud radiator cooling fans when it is around 93 F +. My A/C unit in this car has NEVER been serviced and puts out icy cold, 37 F. in 100 F weather!

The reason has been explained, the very high speeds keep the AC nice and cold even when the car is moving at low speeds. It's good engineering.

I know of plenty of cars that have quieter fans when the same conditions exist like Subaru, Honda, ect and their AC are barely adequate when in similar conditions, even newer models, you head to
SubaruOutback.org, subaruforrester.org, honda-tech.com, driveaccord.net fitfanatic.com and you will see plenty of people complaining about poor AC performance in such conditions and the cars are not even a few years old....the rad cooling fans don't move enough air when the conditions are super hot and super humid.

The fact is that the Germans do make very good vehicles, and today many of them are quite reliable, many are as reliable as the Japanese or Koreans.

Last edited:
I need to see an ear doctor, I couldn't hear anything in my wife E430 after driving 30 minutes to 1 hour on highway at up to 75-80MPH. There was a normal engine hums after 3-5 minutes driving and after 1-2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back