2016 Tucson OEM oil filter part number??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new 2016 Hyundai Tucson, coming up the first oil change.

But I am wildly confused which OEM filter to use...

The car came with a 26300-35504 installed.

Several dealers tell me that their number is a 26300-35503.

Both the 03 and 04 are active Hyundai numbers and not a supercede or interchange according to the Hyundai parts site.

And then I was told that the 04 is an older number versus the 03??

So, can anyone help me out here? Just plain confused...

If the Hyundai dealer doesn't know, don't know who else would. I would call 3 or 4 Hyundai dealers and compare their stories.

One of the confusing aspects is that the filter that is installed from the factory is usually different than the one that you buy at the dealership as it's replacement. Lots of factory installed oil filters are not available for purchase

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
One of the confusing aspects is that the filter that is installed from the factory is usually different than the one that you buy at the dealership as it's replacement. Lots of factory installed oil filters are not available for purchase

Just like Toyotas. Mine came with a filter you cant get at dealers.

Some more info..

So, the parts guy at the dealer has two databases.

They have their own 3rd party database that lists parts as well as interchnages.

Then he also has the online Hyundai 'official' system.

So, he puts in my VIN and looks up what part number is listed for my car.

It is the 04, that came installed in the car.

He then tells me he has no 04s and only ever deals in 03s.

And he says his inventory system shows 04s, 40 to a carton, in stock at the Hyundai warehouse. And if I want one, I have to buy all 40..!

And that no dealer anywhere in his area shows 04s in their local stock.

This is crazy, to say the least.

So, if you go to a Hyundai dealer for an oil change anywhere in the eastern MA area, you are going to get an 03 filter installed.

Oh, and did I tell you that the filters are not listed as interchanges. Though everybody on eBay and Amazon list both part numbers together.

Oh, and all the 'enter your car to check fit' programs say that the 03 is not a fit for the car. That's because the official part listed for the car is the 04. Except everybody uses the 03!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back