Haha look what turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I ain't due for an oil change for a while.

25qdqh3.jpg

Only cost a couple of dollars more than the standard Ryco for 6. If I stick to the recommended oci I will get 120,000km of oil changes since I plan on (shock horror) run them through 2 changes each.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's my part number!

That's because it's the same as your engine - but turned 90 degrees so it drives the correct wheels!
smile.gif

Hey peejaycruiser,

Where did you get them?
If the fit your VT Commodore (Z154) then they should also fit my car. I'm using a Repco Z154 right now.

Yes, I would run two changes as well. Assuming the same oil and a good synthetic.

How are you finding the SHU 5W-40? I'm getting a bit over it, too many Ticks and Taps every time a park the car for a short period of time.

I dropped my son at school recently and as I drove away, it sounded like I was making pop-corn in the engine bay, and people were looking at me with pity in their eyes.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
It's a great feeling isn't it ?

Me with Ticking or PJcruiser with a nice stock of Fram Ultrs's ??

PJ Cruiser.

I bought a box of Frams XG off ebay a couple years ago for less delivered than Rycos were at SCA.

PJ Cruiser.

I bought a box of Frams XG off ebay a couple years ago for less delivered than Rycos were at SCA.

Yeah nice.

I would use the Fram Utra's for the full 24,000 KM, with a quick oil only change every 12,000 KM.

Are the XG's good for a similar distance ?

I found a 6 pack of Ultras on there in the 3600 size for 4 bucks and change each delivered. Crazy. Ultra's are a waste for the length OCI's I typically do, but at that price I dunno.

Even if I ran it a full year on the Jeep it would only be about 7k.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Hey peejaycruiser,

Where did you get them?
If the fit your VT Commodore (Z154) then they should also fit my car. I'm using a Repco Z154 right now.

Yes, I would run two changes as well. Assuming the same oil and a good synthetic.

How are you finding the SHU 5W-40? I'm getting a bit over it, too many Ticks and Taps every time a park the car for a short period of time.

I dropped my son at school recently and as I drove away, it sounded like I was making pop-corn in the engine bay, and people were looking at me with pity in their eyes.

Got them from this mob. http://stores.ebay.com.au/SAE-Parts-Co?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 I've had the tick tick tick once or twice. I've put it down to the alloy sump cooling the oil quicker than the engine, so the viscosity is not matching up well. I'm loving the Ultra, but have been flirting with the idea of trying other oils to see a difference.

PJ Cruiser.

Yeah at current prices for the local store is was about five or six bux difference. I noticed after I ordered they are chucking out the HE version for under $7 lol. Was thinking of grabbing the HE and putting it on for the last half of the oci then start the Ultras.

If only I could get similar for my Navara...might have to design an adapter to take "proper" filters, rather than $30 elements.

I would use the Fram Utra's for the full 24,000 KM, with a quick oil only change every 12,000 KM.

Was thinking of getting an uoa at close to the 10000km mark to see how the tbn was holding up, then if all good I would push it to 12000km mark. It should be fine, we are about 40k's out of town so not a lot of stop start for us.

Originally Posted By: peejaycruiser
Too bad I ain't due for an oil change for a while.

25qdqh3.jpg

Only cost a couple of dollars more than the standard Ryco for 6. If I stick to the recommended oci I will get 120,000km of oil changes since I plan on (shock horror) run them through 2 changes each.

I may buy 2 (or 3) but who can count on still having a given vehicle for years to come? Accident, theft, tired of it, engine or transmission failure.

So the Fram XG3387A is the same as a Z154 or ROF6 ? I couldn't see it listed.

Even with postage, that's about a buck less than the Repco filters I am using now, but the Fram would be able to go double the distance.

I hear what Donald is saying, if you buy a 6 pack, that's the next 10 or so years sorted. That may be good or bad. Mind you, that's a pretty common size around here.

If I got a new car, I would have to make sure it matched my oil & filter stash
smile.gif

If the car disappeared tomorrow I still know friends and family that could use them. Wouldn't be a big drama for me if I never got to use them at all. I've paid more for a bottle of scotch that lasted a night than for these filters.
smile.gif

So the Fram XG3387A is the same as a Z154 or ROF6 ? I couldn't see it listed.

I was trying to go off the listing for the LeSabre as it is meant to be the same engine but nothing came up as specific for it. I put some numbers into the Ryco crosscheck on their site till one came up as a z154 equivalent. Fram doesn't list the Ryco filters so had to go the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back