Can I really expect to get $10k off a 2015 Impala?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local dealer has a couple of new 2015 Impalas 2LT's (3.6 engine) on the lot with an MSRP of $34,130 and a sale price of $22,589.

The local cars are not the right exterior/interior color combo but a dealer 50 miles away has the exact combo 2LT stickered at $33,950.

Do these cars really depreciate that much; even when new?
Can I expect to walk in any dealer and expect a $10-11,000 discount on a 2015 leftover?
We all hear how the dealers have a little room to wiggle on price, but 10 grand? Guessing some of the discount is GM sponsored?

Hasn't GM had considerable issues with this newer 3.6L V-6?

Considering the car I currently drive probably depreciated $8K-$10K (20%) the instant it was driven off the lot when new, I don't see why a dealer can't suffer the same consequences.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

please share, i am curious to know specifics.

Looks like $2500 cash back on some models and $1500 on some other Impalas right now. Pricing seems right compared to the results I brought up on autotrader. Usually there's another $1000 on the table versus what they advertise. So you may want to go after that as well. The redesigned Malibu might be another reason for the steep discount.

The 2015 aren't getting any newer and the 2016s keep rolling in. The discount would be even steeper if the current model was a new generation. Hyundai has the 2017 Elantras hitting the lots. Right now dealers have 2016 Elantras with automatic, air for $12,200.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Originally Posted By: 69GTX

please share, i am curious to know specifics.

A LOT of crankshafts are being replaced under warranty, to the great dismay of dealership technicians who get raked over the coals on warranty jobs.

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
Local dealer has a couple of new 2015 Impalas 2LT's (3.6 engine) on the lot with an MSRP of $34,130 and a sale price of $22,589.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Looks like $2500 cash back on some models and $1500 on some other Impalas right now. Pricing seems right compared to the results I brought up on autotrader. Usually there's another $1000 on the table versus what they advertise. So you may want to go after that as well. The redesigned Malibu might be another reason for the steep discount.

I would start at $20k for this car ($2589 less than asking price) to see how they react. Keep saying no to any other offer and you may be able to get it for $20.5-21k.

You would love the 2014 black Buick LaCrosse on another dealer's lot near me. Brand new.
smile.gif

This is 2016,they are last years models. High blue book would be a good starting point for the price.

additionally the cam chain has been "improved" a number of times. I know of a 13 that failed at 70K miles. So still a problem. It is so bad they came out with Dexos oil to try and stop the failures.

This is about a 2K job.

Rod

Last edited:
Don't even mess with talking to any dealer.
Email every dealer within driving distance who shows '15 Impalas in inventory sitting in the back of the lot and get their pricing.
My guess is that you'll be driving a brand new year old Impala for less than twenty grand, maybe a lot less.
Leftovers aren't in high demand and the dealers are well aware of this, even if floor plan rates are still really cheap.
These old model year cars aren't getting any newer.
I'd also doubt that anyone ever paid thirty four large for a Chevy Impala.
This seems like the typical we're dreaming GM sticker price.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
They also had timing chain issues with the early ones.

And water pumps.

With the incredibly high production numbers on the 3.6 there is no doubt we'll hear some bad news about it.

It is in many vehicles in GM's lineup. Why wouldn't there be a few bad apples?

None of these issues with the 3.6 are common, but they aren't completely unheard of. The timing chain issue seemed to occur mainly engines that had extended OCIs and run low on oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back