The highest mileage vehicle you own and have owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
00 Honda Odyssey, 180K miles. Replaced many of the fancy hydraulic motor mounts which just break again in a year or two. Replaced door slides. Transmission went out and we donated it.
08 Toyota Corolla, 270K miles. Bought a year ago and replaced idler pulley, wheel bearing, catalytic converter, starter. Corolla odometers only go to 300K miles so that will have to be replaced in a few years.
05 Toyota Prius, 200K miles. Just bought. PO put in new Toyota battery.
99 Toyota Land Cruiser, 180K miles, bought at 60K. Replaced throttle position sensor, two coils, plugs, brakes, tires.

The Land Cruiser is a maintenance nightmare. On our summer trip across western US, every day the gas light would go on, sometimes multiple times per day. It can only make it about 300 miles before it lights up again. Needed new oil before the trip, then a few months after the trip it needs replacing yet again. (This paragraph is meant for humor.)

I've got a 1996 Ford F250 with the 7.3 with 324,000 miles.This is the highest mileage vehicle I've ever owned...

3004 toyota highlander just hit 200k only a stater and powerwindow motor repair. 83 toyota sr5 truck went aprox 300k and was still running but lost overdrive . cars today last much longer than 30 years ago. highlander has had wally supertec synth its whole life

Highest I ever had was a stripper model 1999 subaru forester with 175k on it when I sold it. Never gave me any problems except for the classic subaru leaking head gaskets.

Highest I've personally seen was a friend's 1996 accord with somewhere in the ballpark of 280-300k. Not exactly sure because the odometer was broken for several years before she sold it. I think it was stuck around 250k.

EDIT: 90's hondas are almost cheating though. The only way they get taken off the road is when they get totaled.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ksp7498
Highest I ever had was a stripper model 1999 subaru forester with 175k on it when I sold it. Never gave me any problems except for the classic subaru leaking head gaskets.

Highest I've personally seen was a friend's 1996 accord with somewhere in the ballpark of 280-300k. Not exactly sure because the odometer was broken for several years before she sold it. I think it was stuck around 250k.

EDIT: 90's hondas are almost cheating though. The only way they get taken off the road is when they get totaled.

Mine was stuck for while. It was a common problem solved by driving and holding the maintenance minder reset button.

Originally Posted By: eric2000
Corolla odometers only go to 300K miles so that will have to be replaced in a few years.

Where did you come up with this? Doesn't make any sense, the odo should go to 999K...I've never seen an odo that stopped counting before it ran out of characters...

Last edited:
I had a '66 Bel-Air that went 309K before the tranny went...my last Corolla, a '99, went 295K before the engine lost a valve, and my current Corolla is at 260K...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Corolla odometers only go to 300K miles so that will have to be replaced in a few years.

Where did you come up with this? Doesn't make any sense, the odo should go to 999K...I've never seen an odo that stopped counting before it ran out of characters...

Many of the early digital odo could only display a 1, if flipped to 200K still showed 1... Others are missing lower left segment, can't display 6 or 8...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Some Corollas will run to 299,999.9 and just stop.

For a while, Ford trucks and vans would go up to 399,999.9, then back to 300,000.

166k miles on my 2012 Ford E350 work truck. I bought it back in August with 160k on it. It came from Maine but I bought it in New Jersey. It has the 5.4L flex fuel engine. I'm hoping to get 300k+ out of it.

Read about it in Toyota forums. Google "Corolla odometer 300". I expect I can get a used odometer from ebay and it won't cost much. Of all things to go wrong, it is not too bad. But terribly ironic!

Originally Posted By: DoubleApex
166k miles on my 2012 Ford E350 work truck. I bought it back in August with 160k on it. It came from Maine but I bought it in New Jersey. It has the 5.4L flex fuel engine. I'm hoping to get 300k+ out of it.

You probably will. I worked at a garage in high school. I remember a newer 4.6 F150 came in for an oil change and I checked the mileage, it had close to 400,000 on it but the truck was only about 4 years old. I remember thinking it was an error. My boss told me about the company that owned it and how the truck was never shut off, always on the road.

Most I ever had was a 1977 Suburban with over 400,000 miles. (odometer broke in the late 300's) 454, TH400, 4.11 rear axle - could pass anything but a gas stop. Finally broke the rear axle while towing 33,000 pounds of scrap steel and was too rough of shape to want to fix. (and "yes really", I didn't know how much was on the tri axle trailer until it went over the scales >_>)

Last edited:
Because of the climate and road treatments, it's very difficult to keep a full time car going for more than 20 years around here. You can garage them in the winter, but racking up > 200,000 miles in the process proves difficult.
I owned a 220k Prelude and the body just disintegrated. I worked with a guy that made it to 380k with a Lancer. He lived 100 miles from work, so he was putting on more than 1,000 miles a week on it.

My 1994 4.6 Cougar. Turned over 300k a few years ago and then the odometer stopped working. Has had one transmission rebuild, 2 alternator rebuilds, a water pump and suspension work and other consumables.

I've had several Festiva's and Aspire's around the 200k mark. That's all the beer I've had in the last couple years let's me remember. Nothing major though with any of them and sold all for profit.

2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI, purchased new, used as courier vehicle for most of the last 12 years. Currently 576k miles and adding about 4000 more each month. ALH engine. Turbo and injectors upgraded, Malone custom tune, so about 155 HP and 260 lb/ft. I picked up a used injector pump a couple years ago, for whenever the original one fails, but it hasn't so far. Lots of other original parts, that on most cars would have been replaced at least once or twice.

It's a lot of fun to drive. I like it so much that I bought another 2003 Golf TDI in 2014, with less than 125k miles on it. Nicer in many ways, but not much more than stock power for now. Someday it will become my daily driver, probably in a couple years when I'm finished with the courier gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back