Mahle OC705 Canister Filter (used) opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter is a Fram PH2 clone, used on a 2002 Mazda Tribute w/ 160k miles. OCI was approximately 5,000 miles. Filter was purchased at Rockauto for around $5. A mid-grade filter in price, looked to be of decent quality. The media appeared to be thicker and more substantial than most paper media, but the can and other attributes were pretty generic in quality.

Would like to know what you guys think. I have no idea who makes this filter, it looks different than the usual suspects (Wix, Purolator, etc.). I think it was pretty average for the price and may or may not buy it again.

MAH1.jpg

MAH2.jpg

MAH3.jpg

MAH4.jpg

I wonder how much space there is for the adbv to move open. The neck on the element looks short in the picture, and the baseplate is concave on the inside.

That does not look like a Fram PH2 clone it looks to good.. It looks more like a purolator except for the coil spring it even has the small oil holes in the center tube like the new purolators. Either way i won't be using them.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
That does not look like a Fram PH2 clone it looks to good.. It looks more like a purolator except for the coil spring it even has the small oil holes in the center tube like the new purolators. Either way i won't be using them.

Clone was the wrong word, I put PH2 in there for part number cross reference only. More people (I think) are familiar with the Fram numbering scheme. If someone referenced a Purolator or Wix number, I'd have no idea what it was without looking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back