Carb cleaner vs Fuel infector cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any real difference between a fuel injector cleaner and a carburator cleaner when added to a fuel tank? Wont both pretty much clean the fuel system components, regardless? If so, why do manufacturers market both? Will carb cleaners become a thing of the past?

Carb cleaner is only for old people like me that still own a daily driver that has a carburetor.

Seriously, no difference.

But don't worry. There are very few mechanics that have ever seen a carburetor on a daily driver. I'm sure they've read about them and also heard of things like setting the dwell even though they have no idea what that means.

Use either one. And consider looking for PEA as an ingredient in the mix.

The main difference between the add-in-tank type carb cleaner vs fuel injector cleaner is that carb cleaner focuses on dissolving gums inside the carb jets and orifices; PEA-based fuel injector cleaner "dissolves carbon/deposits" that formed near or surrounding the pintle (I know nowadays most P-EFI injectors are pintle-less, but the 2ndary benefit of PEA-based FI cleaner can help in gradually (catchword: gradually, not rapidly) softens and breaks down the carbon formed at the back of intake valves, which, ordinary carb cleaner usually cannot (most carb cleaners I'm aware of are meant for carb days where most of them are primarily solvent-based.

Different intended purpose.

Q.

BTW: emisssions-controlled automobiles no longer run on carbs, and are all primarily fuel-injection based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back