What do you think of Gumout fuel system cleaners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gumout has 4 different fuel system cleaners. What do you think is better. The "all in one" says it lubricates engine parts. Two others have "Regane." What do you think is in the "high milage" version (advertising)?
http://www.gumout.com/cleanerGuide/

Gumout® All-In-One®
Fuel System Cleaner (treats 35 gallons)

Every time you step on the gas, you may be subjecting your engine to power-robbing deposits and friction. Unlike most fuel additives, Gumout® All-In-One® can provide complete fuel system cleaning and lubrication protection. Overall, Gumout® All-In-One® can help to:

* Improve gas mileage
* Clean the ENTIRE fuel system
* Prevent future deposit build up
* Restore lost horsepower
* Remove water from gasoline
* Lubricate engine parts

GO_PRO_all-In-OneFSC.jpg

Gumout® Large
Vehicle Concentrated
Fuel System Cleaner (for 35 gallon tanks. they make one for 21 gallon tanks also)

Use of a low quality discount gasoline can reduce your engine’s performance. Your vehicle may experience poor fuel economy, lost horsepower, hesitation, and rough idling. Gumout® Large Vehicle Concentrated Fuel System Cleaner helps to:

* Clean fuel injectors and intake valves
* Maximize fuel economy
* Restore lost horsepower power
GO_PRO_LVConcentratedFSC.jpg

Gumout® Regane®
High Mileage
Fuel System Cleaner (for 21 gallon tanks)

As a vehicle ages, its engine accumulates deposits that reduce its performance. Your vehicle may experience poor fuel economy, lost horsepower, hesitation, and rough idling. Gumout® Regane® High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner is test proven on high mileage vehicles to help:

* Restore fuel economy
* Prevent hesitation

GO_PRO_ReganeHMFSC.jpg

Gumout® Regane®
Complete Fuel System Cleaner (for 21 gallon tanks)

Use of a low quality discount gasoline can reduce your engine’s performance. Your vehicle may experience poor fuel economy, lost horsepower, hesitation, and rough idling. Gumout® Regane® Fuel System Cleaner helps to:

* Maximize fuel economy
* Remove water from gasoline
GO_PRO_ReganeCompleteFSC.jpg

I have used them they increase mileage 2mpg on my pickup and did so on my pontiac aswell. I use it probably every 10k miles I dump 2 bottles of the complete in my 28gal tank. I also do it for 3 or 4 tanks before a fuel filter replacement. I remember I had some hesitation for a week or so after getting some bad gas and I dumped 2 bottles of the fuel system cleaner and 1 bottle of the large vehicle and the hesitation ceased.

I have also used Techron, STP, O'reilly's, NAPA with results too.

Last edited:
I think they are trying to catch every segment of the market.

For hestitation and stalling I've had good results using the BG 44K product. Since I started using Red Line or Amsoil as maintenance I have had no more trouble.

I use a bottle of Regane or Techron every 10K. They are supposedly almost identical formulations. Techron seems to have an almost cult like following on many forums. I stock up when they're on sale.

Last edited:
I've mostly only used Techron, but a lot of places only carry the small bottle (treats 12 gals) and not the big bottle (treats 20 gals) and Techron is kind of expensive. I considered using shell V-power. The thing is with the Gumout, I noticed it is a SOPUS product and I wouldn't be surprised if gumout isn't the same formulation as Shell V-power at a lower cost.

Are these products sold in a gallon container? That would be handy if one could purchase in a larger quantity and save a buck or two..

i know this is an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back