Odd Little Things We Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I collect watches, my other sickness. The count is at 40.

I like to line up the patterns on the dishes when I put them back in the cupboards.

I check my oil way too often. My wife thinks it's all Virgo stuff, but I know it affects other signs as well.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I visit BITOG daily, even though I know most of you will never change ...

grin2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Aside from my oil stash, I have a Lawn Boy collection. I do have a 4 stroke, but the rest are 2 strokes. I am actually making a shelf for them this weekend. Its pretty fun walking into the shed having to think about what LB I'll use that day.

I am still on the hunt for a brick top!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I find a stack of driveshafts in the bathroom, mud tires in the bedroom and jeep parts in the living room perfectly acceptable.

no no no
you had it all wrong:
mud tires in the bathroom (and man smelling soap, it has to be man smelling) also you need a shower with 10 ft cord with variable settings, one used especially to clean said tires (am i the only one at home depot at 9:58 pm looking for this?)
driveshafts in the living room (they need a pre wash in beer)
and jeep parts in the dishwasher....
you don't have your priorities right....

Locking doors is my thing. After locking, I check the handle to make sure it's locked. I also check doors I am pretty sure are locked just to be sure (ie, back door on the house before I leave in the AM).

I live in not the best area though, so better safe than sorry is how I see it.

Also, I'm a neat freak with floors where I might walk with my shoes off...mostly my bedroom and bathroom.

Last edited:
And some of you thought I WAS WEIRD for being disgusted when eating in a restaurant around clowns wearing flip-flops!!!

I know someone who confessed he rotates the clean plates in the cabinet when emptying the dishwasher so the plates already in the cabinet get washed the next cycle.....but I can't divulge his identity.......

grin2.gif

After reading this thread I'm starting to think I'm normal!!!

grin2.gif

That, and the TP has to feed off the roll over the top or I WILL flip it around (sometimes even in public restrooms at my office...).

Other than that, I'm perfectly normal. :p

I turn off the radio and any accessories in the car (heat, air, fan, etc.) first, then turn the car off. Then I pump the brake pedal a few times until it gets tight. This is perfectly normal (I think) (?)

I use scissors cut up meat. I do wash the scissors and they are stainless steel but it bothers some people.

And

If a rectangular piece of paper is on a desk, I like to straighten it so the sides are paper parallel with the with the edge of the desk.

I insist on parking with wheels straight, not because I think about bad luck, just like them straight.

Oh, and I cant stand it when someone gets in my car and slams the door like it is some kind of armored Humvee.

Originally Posted By: yougoJAY
I turn off the radio and any accessories in the car (heat, air, fan, etc.) first, then turn the car off. Then I pump the brake pedal a few times until it gets tight. This is perfectly normal (I think) (?)

Some people, my wife, pull in radio blaring, A/C on, fan on, lights on.... and shut her down. Then I get in in -15F and have all that crud to turn off as it saps the already cold battery.

The pedal thing I don't do.

Oh but I do have a love / hate relationship with the oil filler cap. I want it tight to avoid a rattle off but cringe about it breaking off on me at the head cap and leaving just the hollow threads in place.

Hello, I collect jars. I use 'em for food storage.
I prefer not to buy foil or plastic wrap if I can avoid it.
I also give food away frequently so I do use my jars up.

Ever give someone spaghetti/meat sauce in a screw top Mason jar and ask for the jar back?
You will see the the most STUPID, STUPID, STUPID expressions when you do.
The younger the person, the STUPIDER the expression.

God help this country. "We're" all so pretty and compartmentalized.

My jar thing isn't OCD, it's resource management. Kira

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

grin2.gif

That, and the TP has to feed off the roll over the top or I WILL flip it around (sometimes even in public restrooms at my office...).

TP is supposed to feed off the top.... that's normal right???

Oh man.. The list of all the weird little things I do would be 100 pages long.

I agree though, TP always feeding from the top
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

grin2.gif

TP is supposed to feed off the top.... that's normal right???

Of course its normal... but look who you're asking. My wife just grabs the roll and puts it on, but I SWEAR she does far worse than 50/50 at getting it the right way... :p

don't laugh, guys. I've been in homes in which arguments started over the tp over-under thing. almost as stupid is an argument over the toilet seat up or down "issue".I've seen that, as well.(close both seat and lid, and nobody complains, and nothing can fall inside).problem solved.
interesting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back