The Subaru, it's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Is the 5 speed unreliable or does no one just like 5 speed automatics in Subarus?

I can't say as this is one example. I was browsing a Tribeca forum and it seems there is not much love for them.
As far as me liking this one? No. It shifts funny and has a ton of shudder.

I don't think it got much love on any platform. I know Legacy owners weren't to found on them either.

Hey at least their CVT is reliable!

That is what I am told. My run in with the Tribeca has left a yucky taste in my mouth for Subaru, but it is just one and who knows the history, so I will let it slide.
Plus it is a Tribeca as I understand it is not their best offering.

Guy I work with has an 06 WRX, it has been really good except for emission stuff. He had to have and I will get this wrong... secondary air valves and the pumps replaced. It was something like 1200 bucks at the dealer.

Isn't there a Federal emissions warranty that goes for like 80,000 miles?

If it needed work after that he would have had to pay.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Isn't there a Federal emissions warranty that goes for like 80,000 miles?

If it needed work after that he would have had to pay.

Sure it covers certain items, not removal of the engine to get to said parts. His stuff was not covered.

The 5 speeds on the newer cars are certainly better than the older ones, but yes - they're considered a 'glass box'. Can't hold much power without breaking gears, and poor quality synchros. They get hard to shift quickly, especially 1st gear. The 6 speed, otoh, is near bulletproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back