Forgot spring clips on Yaris brake job

3 questions:

Yaris caliper seized and trashed a rotor, ended up replacing both fronts (one Raybestos and one Duralast... accidentally stripped the banjo bolt)

1. Is it fine that I have two different calipers on the front?

2. When installing the Raybestos reman, the caliper would not slide over the pads even through the piston was fully depressed, it looked like the bottom slide pin was longer than OEM. I used my OEM upper slide pin (which has some black ring on it), which seems to work fine. Is that ok? Pulled the boot out of the caliper and count not get it to go in as good as it was originally.

3. I forgot/didn't notice these little black clips that were included in the hardware kit. I installed the normal 4 typical stainless brackets/shims. I noticed on the OEM caliper that there were 2 of these little clips only on the top of the pads on each side. What are these and are they necessary?

1682550380250.jpg

Thanks

The mismatched calipers are fine. And that little fix is fine. As long as everything is tight nothing bad will happen. And those are where the pad guides ride. And i once got a returned kit that didn't have them just the new pads and i said "what's the worst that could happen" and nothing i reused them and they looked fine before and looked ok when i took them off. Never had an issue during that pad slap run. Did replace them the next time since the kit had it. Just didn't feel like driving back. But it matters more depending on where you are. Hardly any rust here in Texas. If they were very rusted then I'd definitely replace them.

Back