T5 15W40 spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped at my local Rural King today and was browsing the oil isle and spotted T5 15W40. This is the first time Ive seen it since it was mentioned here. Price is pretty good too!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Decent price. How much does the 15W40 Rotella T run?

The conventional Rotella was 12.99 a gallon.

Originally Posted By: CDX825
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Decent price. How much does the 15W40 Rotella T run?

The conventional Rotella was 12.99 a gallon.

I'd say that the T5 is worth the extra 30 cents per gallon

Wonder if this is just rebranded Rotella T, possibly slight change to additive package.... Need to see some VOA/UOA

Originally Posted By: Fraser434
Wonder if this is just rebranded Rotella T, possibly slight change to additive package.... Need to see some VOA/UOA

The way SOPUS usually does things is the higher tier gets more potent additive package, ie, more of a certain additive or a higher version of it and usually a higher amount of synthetic base oils to give better properties.

I wonder what the shear is like, synthetic blend should require less VIIs than conventional. If it has better shear and a better add pack than Triple T, it may make a solid motorcycle oil.

Originally Posted By: Fraser434
Wonder if this is just rebranded Rotella T,

The T5 lineup is a synthetic blend. The T is all mineral.

Its been at tractor supply for years. You can get Kendall synblend 15w-40 at firestone for about the same price. Im using it now actually. I wish I could find it at wally. That would be a good bit of alright.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Its been at tractor supply for years.

T5 15w-40 is a new product in the US.

Sorry i meant months. My local tractor supply has it in cases. But only jugs though.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
It's on sale at Menard's right now if you have one nearby.

Didn't see it last time I was at Menards, only the 10w30. Had to go there to pick something up today and they had an endcap full of T5, both 10w30 and 15w40. $12.99, plus some of the bottles have $5 rebates (limit 2) stuck to them. Bought two gallons of 15w40 for my scooter, figured $7.99/gallon was too good to pass up, even though I already have a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 for the scoot.

Last edited:
Yes i've finally spotted it at Menards for 13 bucks even.

immediately i looked at the back to see if it ws jaso-ma......and its not on there.

i would imagine its safe to use in cycles anyways but i think i'll hold out to see if it will be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back