RCMP Officers being shot in Moncton, NB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago when people were deemed seriously mentally ill (with the potential to cause harm to themselves and or others) they would put them in highly secured mental wards, which is where they belong, society has become so perverted by an unnatural obsession with "inclusion" that they are willing to tolerate very dangerous malcontents roaming the streets which constantly threaten innocent citizens with bodily injury or death. Of course this is an outgrowth of a general regression in all areas of Western societies when it comes to civility. Actually the agenda of
"inclusion" should be considered a threat to society and western civilization.

Last edited:
It isn't so much inclusiveness. In the "old days," I doubt it would have been any different for this guy. Being a malcontent or having a big mouth isn't enough to get a person locked up. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Just glad he is gone. The best thing Harper and RCMP can do is make sure not to put him onto television. Inform the people, just leave out the name and dont leave room for a copycat. Remember those fallen and live to show them that their sacrifice wasnt for nothing. If this killer wanted to be remember then he should have lived a life to make the world better and caused no harm. Bless those of RCMP and families who are now at a eternal loss. May we keep them in our hearts and honour them by living in harmony with our fellow citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the anti-government/anti-police that bothers me. I know plenty of people, myself included, that love guns.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Years ago when people were deemed seriously mentally ill (with the potential to cause harm to themselves and or others) they would put them in highly secured mental wards, which is where they belong, society has become so perverted by an unnatural obsession with "inclusion" that they are willing to tolerate very dangerous malcontents roaming the streets which constantly threaten innocent citizens with bodily injury or death. Of course this is an outgrowth of a general regression in all areas of Western societies when it comes to civility. Actually the agenda of
"inclusion" should be considered a threat to society and western civilization.

We just got cheap! 95% of the formerly institutionalized are harmless... maybe couch surfing, maybe bums. It's those 5% that are dangerous or will do a crime just to get into prison and get some mental health care.

But our status quo is now, eh, good enough, noone likes taxes or services.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
It is the anti-government/anti-police that bothers me. I know plenty of people, myself included, that love guns.
A bunch of people bother your then. Government is totally out of control, all over the globe.

Originally Posted By: hatt
A bunch of people bother your then. Government is totally out of control, all over the globe.

OK, but there is a huge difference between wanting change/voting for change/rallying for change and taking a logical stance on these things vs going full nut-bar and talking about using lethal force against these entities to get one's point across. Follow?

That's what I am against. The people that are anti-government and anti-police and feel that they are entitled to and applaud those that behave like the man in the article as well as his crazy friend.

there is a huge difference between wanting change/voting for change/rallying for change

Don't forget that we're heading to the polls on Thursday in Ontario, Ontario BITOG'ers.

OK, but there is a huge difference between wanting change/voting for change/rallying for change and taking a logical stance on these things vs going full nut-bar and talking about using lethal force against these entities to get one's point across. Follow?

That's what I am against. The people that are anti-government and anti-police and feel that they are entitled to and applaud those that behave like the man in the article as well as his crazy friend.
You need to be more clear when you attempt to disparage groups. Anti-.gov folks number in the tens of millions. Anti-.gov folks shooting .gov folks number can be counted on fingers.

I'm guessing half the homeless population has mental illness.

Many cities just buy a one way bus ticket for homeless to relocate to another place

You need to be more clear when you attempt to disparage groups. Anti-.gov folks number in the tens of millions. Anti-.gov folks shooting .gov folks number can be counted on fingers.

My apologies. I had made the remark in the context of the individual in question, who possessed all of those traits but was of course also completely nuts. I was simply trying to point out that being a fan of firearms in and of itself is not a bad thing, which Bluestream's comment appeared to be implying was the case. It was the comments on that page I linked regarding justification of killing police....etc that I found particularly disturbing, not the fact he liked guns.

Just like all gun enthusiasts shouldn't be judged based on this guy's actions, the same should apply to those who are anti big government or anti police state and demonstrate that in a sane and rational manner when trying to enact change. It is when you add mental illness to any of those things individually or especially collectively that you end up with situations like these. And of course the issue itself isn't the political bent, love of guns....etc. It is the mental illness.

I guess that is a matter of opinion. Even if true, I don't think killing Innocent law enforcement personnel is the way to go about making change. In fact those actions will only serve to rally people behind their government. Funny thing is when these people have something wrong done to them the first thing they do is call the police.

Overkill, this guy is not insane. He is anti-government anarchist trying to bring down society as we know it, or at least trying to be a martyr to the cause.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
He is anti-government anarchist trying to bring down society

Anarchists are generally very nice people. We spend most of our time guiding our efforts in service to the people that constitute our society, not trying to ruin it - Why would anyone want to do that?!

I don't think he's insane, but he certainly suffers from some form of mental illness.

He has no mental illness; he hates government

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
He is anti-government anarchist trying to bring down society

Anarchists are generally very nice people. We spend most of our time guiding our efforts in service to the people that constitute our society, not trying to ruin it - Why would anyone want to do that?!

Anarchists Suck!
09.gif

I don't think he's insane, but he certainly suffers from some form of mental illness.

He has no mental illness; he hates government

So being able to shoot five people in cold blood doesn't strike you as a sign of mental illness? What would you call it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back