2002 Suzuki XL-7 Wheel Bearing/Hub Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wassup Gang, I was doing some work on my Uncles 2002 Suzuki XL-7 2.7L SUV.

Due to the Recent below freezing, and Snow we been getting here in Chicago I got into a little issue while driving. I skid in an alley and hit those electricity wood posts. I managed to get a little dent on the right fender, and I turned my wheel left while the car was sliding right. The Tire hit the post. The Right front wheel got unaligned and it was toeing out by not much. I realized I bent the Outer Tie Rod End. Where it bolts on to the wheel. I also manamged to I guess damaged the WHeel Hub/Bearing because the ABS light came on the car. I moved the wheel with the tire on while on the jack stands and the wheels does have little movement while the other is hard as a rock.

Now...... (Sorry for the long story)

The Outer Tie Rod Nut is so Stuck On there I cant seem to budge it loose. Ive Hit it with a steel hammer (Not to hard), and with a Rubber mallet (HARD Hitting). Ive used some Liquid Wrench and nothing makes it seem to get it loose.

Any Ideas?

Also while removing the Wheel Hub/Bearing assembly ive also encountered an issue.

Ive removed the Caliper, and Rotor also ive taken out the bolts to remove a cap in the center (Ull see in the photo)
Im stuck because I don't know how to remove the Wheel Hub Assembly? Theres sorta like 4 screws inside by the wheel Assembly. I manged to remove just 1 screw. I stopped after the 3rd one cause I sorta stripped one and was going to strip a third but then I stopped.

Has anyone ever worked on this sorta vehicles ima post some pictures so you guys can get an idea on what im talking about.

I got the tie rod and new WHeel Hub/bearing aassembly from Rock Auto.

e6vq75.jpg

k2jx47.jpg

2dqks2s.jpg

30mll3d.jpg

30uwl90.jpg

2mqutdh.jpg

2dqks2s.jpg

tools im using

oh30g.jpg

I'm not sure about the suzuki setup. But I see two things that probably need to be done.
That snap ring around the spindle might need to be removed. Those screws that are stripped need to be freed with an impact screwdriver. You can get one of those at Harbor Freight.

once they are out of the way then maybe the spindle will come out. Are there bolts located behind the hub?

Regards, JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back