Favorite "ugliest" car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have those "likes" of cars that others find to be rather ugly..
The question is, what "ugly*" car would you actually drive?

*term ugly in this instance is general population consensus that it's a hideous ride

Mine would be either a Subaru Baja or a Chevy chevette

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis

*term ugly in this instance is general population consensus that it's a hideous ride

Either of those is better than a Pontiac Aztec!

Edsel.Not because the car was so great,but due to the amazing story/history of the whole venture.The car that Ford couldnt stop talking about,researched to the limit,millions spent and wasted,dealers who got bankrupted....now Ford doesnt want to admit it ever existed.The car actually didnt deserve all that hate.

A lot of people think the CR-V is pretty frumpy-looking, myself generally included. But I love ours to the bone (to the chassis?). I'd also drive a Honda Element, definitely a Subaru Baja, and maybe some others.

Some of the ugliest (like the Pontiac Aztek) would be non-starters for me personally due to a poor engine/drivetrain. But a Honda/Subaru four would certainly appeal to me. There are likely others as well that are escaping me at the moment.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
But a Honda/Subaru four would certainly appeal to me.

Did they make the Tribeca in a four? That has a deserved rep for homeliness in the front before its emergency redesign.

The 1st gen Lynx 4 door hatchback has a certain ugly charm... from the trying-to-be-classy grill to the 5 mph aluminum bumpers to the rear quarters where the rear doors line up with the luggage compartment window and hatch.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
But a Honda/Subaru four would certainly appeal to me.

Did they make the Tribeca in a four? That has a deserved rep for homeliness in the front before its emergency redesign.

The 1st gen Lynx 4 door hatchback has a certain ugly charm... from the trying-to-be-classy grill to the 5 mph aluminum bumpers to the rear quarters where the rear doors line up with the luggage compartment window and hatch.

When they brought out the new for 82 Lynx 5 door hatch they called it "The missing Lynx".....LOL

I was never an AMC guy, but some of their cars had interesting styling spirit. I don't know if I would have driven them "back in the day", but now, what the heck, it could be fun.

Pacer
Oh, baby:
web_amc_pacer_maroon_19751.jpg

Gremlin
Where's the rest of your car?
gremlin-premier.jpg

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis

Either of those is better than a Pontiac Aztec!

If Walter White can rock an Aztec, the car is fine. I wouldn't mind driving that BMW that Steve Erkel drove around all the time

My neighbor has an AMC Pacer with a 304 V8, leather, power everything, fully loaded. It might be ugly on the outside, but inside, it is rather posh. It handles and rides well too. It also has power to spare. People might laugh, but I'm actually impressed with the car.

Last edited:
I used to like the AMC Eagle Wagons.

The Honda Elements in monotone aren't bad.

I like wagons in general.

I'd definitely drive an STI -- even with ugly boy-racer looks.

1991 Chevy Caprice, especially the wagon. It looked like a futuristic sort of concept car from the 50's, maybe a hovercraft. The wagon looks like the ultimate swing-and-sway land yacht.

Chevrolet_Caprice_wagon.jpg

I would totally drive one of these, especially with the 350.

I think the one Mustang II and the Thunderbird of the same years were just plain ugly. The Pacer, I remember. I was too young to drive but thought what a ugly car. If you remmember what Pontiac did to the LeManns when they reintroduced it. My girlfriend bought on new. It was like a hopped up LeCar.

I wasn't crazy about a Ford Maverick as a teenager. But I saw one the other day that looked really good. Would give one a try these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back